Wednesday, February 20, 2019

COSTCO - EATING ORDER

COSTCO  - EATING ORDER

Whenever I'm at costco I generally go to the foodcourt first. Mainly because if you are buying a large amount of food items inside, you really don't want those frozen things to sit for any amount of time before you get them back. And I'll be damned if I eat a costco food item like pizza or a hot dog in the car on the drive home.  A whole rotisserie chicken on the other hand.. that shit is fair game.

But no, I generally stop to get food first. It's also a ritual to get that life force back up because you're about to go dodging and sliding past a lot of other customers. You're going to need that energy for the trip inside for whatever you came to purchase. On top of that, if you buy a hot dog, at least you get two refills out of it.

More than anything, you need to enjoy the atmosphere of costco's food court. Those white tables, you eating alone, it's the perfect recipe for some lonely person to come buy and sit with you to randomly talk to you for whatever reason. It has happened to me a couple of times now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it. It's actually very nice and when that part of me that my mother raised and I got from her pops out, I can be a very social and conversationalist type of person. She would talk and talk to strangers. One time on an 8 hour bus drive, she just got into a long conversation with this one guy for the entire trip. It was astonishing to me, really.  But I don't mind striking up a conversation with someone if the mood hits me. I can be very social.

Anyhow, you have to sit at the table and that's the risk you take. I once took the slice of pizza to eat as I walked the store and it was the worse. Grease falling off the side, the pizza touching the metal shopping cart and who knows where the fuck that shit has been, ya know. So yeah, no thanks to that nonsense. I am sitting down regardless if some rando stranger decides to sit next to me and tell me his strange stories.

No comments: