I Am Iron Man
If by now you haven't seen the new Iron Man trailer and dropped your jaw in wonderment at the sight of so many Iron Man costumes making an appearance, I don't know what kind of comic book cred you have left. Because let me tell you, the sight at the end of this trailer is amazing
So with the new movie coming out soon, it's about time Tony Stark got a new costume... or 15
One more warning — just reading these descriptions will give you a
pretty complete summary of the movie, and there are a few specific plot
details that will be spoiled as well (again, assuming this stuff is
real). Just so you know.
MARK XI - STEALTH ARMOR v.01
• A derivation of the MARK VI armor, TONY STARK configured it to have
built-in stealth capabilities, which allow him to infiltrate the TEN
RINGS' hideouts unnoticed.
• Slightly modified Mk.VI, with a dark blue color palette. Red eyes and Arc Reactor.
MARK XXII - LAYERED PLATING ARMOR v.01
• Experimenting with various forms of armor formation, TONY STARK
designs this armor with the concept of retractable layers. This
technology allows this armor to fold into a more compact form, making it
more portable than the MARK V armor.
• Classic/Spandex Armor, v.01 has the horned face, v.02 has the rounded face with a different color palette
MARK XV - STORED KINETIC INTEGRATED NETWORK (S.K.I.N) ARMOR
• Attempting to create a new form of malleable liquid metal that could
be configured into other shapes, TONY STARK creates the S.K.I.N ARMOR.
Unfortunately, the alloy compound proved to be unstable, resulting in
TONY STARK putting the project on hold.
• Looks like the comic SKIN Armor, but slimmer and more segmented. Huge shoulder armor.
MARK XVIII - SPECIALISED AQUATIC ARMOR v.01
• Designed with the sole purpose of undersea exploration in mind, TONY
STARK builds the SPECIALISED AQUATIC ARMOR. Able to withstand greater
pressures than his standard armors, IRON MAN travels deep into the sea
to recover rubble from MANDARIN's attack.
• Hydro Armor. Resembles the comic Hydro Armor, but sans the glass fishbowl helmet.
MARK XL - ASGARDIAN DESTROYER ARMOR
• Taking into account that Earth might face future threats from the
ASGARDIANS, TONY STARK set about designing an armor specially to take
down any invading ASGARDIANS. Using the DESTROYER's blueprints stolen
from S.H.I.E.L.D's HELICARRIER, STARK creates the ASGARDIAN DESTROYER
• A mecha version of the Destroyer seen in Thor. Incomplete prototype.
MARK XXXVI - HEAVY DUTY BRUTE ARMOR v.02
Designed for heavy duty tasks that his standard armors cannot handle,
TONY STARK creates the HEAVY DUTY BRUTE ARMOR with sheer strength in
mind. Equipped with state of the art hydraulic systems powered by a
modified ARC REACTOR, this armor enables IRON
• A.K.A the Hulkbuster
Armor. Not explicitly termed as the Hulkbuster though, since that's not
the intended purpose. It's prototype is the Mk. XXII / v.01, and is
smaller and more humanoid.MAN to take on the strongest enemies.
MARK XLII - X01 - PARTICLE RADIATION CANNON ATTACHMENT
• Unable to deal with FIREPOWER's fiery attacks, TONY STARK designs the
PARTICLE RADIATION CANNON to absorb and channel TAGGERT's heat against
• A huge cannon that attaches to the Mk.XLII's chest. Based on Bleeding Edge's cannon.
MARK XLII-R - RAPID EVACUATION SITUATION CONTROL UNILATERAL ENFORCER (R.E.S.C.U.E)
• A custom-modified variant of the MARK XLII, created by STARK to facilitate PEPPER's rescue from A.I.M after their experiment.
• Feminine version of the Mk.XLII. Has firefighting functions.
MARK XLV - HYPERVELOCITY AUTONOMOUS PERSONNEL PROTECTOR γ (H.A.P.P.γ) ARMOR
• Mourning his dear friend HAPPY HOGAN's death, TONY STARK creates this
armor in the image of his deceased friend. Equipped with its on A.I.
programmed after HAPPY's neuro patterns, H.A.P.P.γ assists IRON MAN in
• Looks like a hybrid of the comic Telepresence Armor, and the Mk.VII. Gets thrashed by Coldblood.
MARK XLVIII - HEART BREAKER v.01x
• Created using various parts and components from his damaged IRON ARMY
suits, TONY STARK assembles a unique armor with high offensive
capability. Armed with a larger ARC REACTOR with higher energy output,
IRON MAN is ready to take on his most dangerous foe: THE MANDARIN.
MARK XLVIIIs - SPACE ARMOR v.01
experiencing the CHITAURI attack in THE AVENGERS, TONY STARK has been
working on a suit capable of space travel. Crafted using a unique new
metal alloy that absorbs his ARC REACTOR energy signature, IRON MAN
travels into the far reaches of space to find the source of a coded SOS
• White/black/gold armor, which has the concept art leaked recently
MARK XLIX - HEART BREAKER v.02
• Having his armor badly damaged in his battle with the MANDARIN, TONY
STARK modifies and upgrades his HEART BREAKER ARMOR into its second
version. Equipped with more ARC REACTORS to increase its output and
offensive capability, this is the ULTIMATE IRON MAN.
• More cohesive version of the Heart Breaker armor. Color palette based off the initial Ultimate Iron Man armor.
MARK L - EXTREMIS ARMOR
• Perfecting the EXTREMIS technology at long last, TONY STARK is finally one with the IRON MAN ARMOR.
• The true Extremis Armor. Hybrid of the comics' Bleeding Edge and Extremis Armors.
MARK LI - ORIGINAL ARMOR [ REVISITED]
• After DR.HANSEN disabled all the EXTREMIS technology, TONY STARK is
left unable to tap on his newer EXTREMIS-based suits for battle. Having
no other options, STARK dons the REVISITED ARMOR to finish his fight
with THE MANDARIN.
• More techy, solid-looking version of the movie Mk.I. Based off the comics' first armor.
The ADD Blog at Comic Book Galaxy
14 hours ago