Cause guess what - There's always the Paralympics! Yes, the true test of human willpower. To not only come from a normal upbringing and be a powerhouse in some field - but to have a handicap and be able to come back from even that.
Since the Olympics were pretty fun to watch, it's sure as hell time for the Paralympics to roll in. Where should I watch it on....
- United Kingdom: Channel 4 will broadcast the Games, with over 150 hours of television coverage. The IPC stated that its coverage would be "the most extensive coverage of the Paralympic Games that has ever been broadcast in the UK."
- Australia: The Australian Broadcasting Corporation will broadcast the 2012 Paralympics across Australia 
- Brazil: Rede Globo and Sportv will be the exclusive all rights holders 
- Canada: The current "Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium" (comprised of Bell Media's CTV Television Network, TSN2, and French-language RDS; as well as Rogers Media'sSportsnet One) will provide coverage. CTV and RDS are both expected to broadcast an one-hour highlights program on television each evening, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be covered on television by TSN2, Sportsnet One, RDS, and RDS2. Four online streams will provide 580 hours of live coverage.
- Europe: European Broadcasting Union.
- France: TV8 Mont-Blanc will broadcast the Games with 77 hours of television coverage.
- Germany: ARD and ZDF will broadcast the Games, with approximately 65 hours of television coverage.
- Italy: Sky Italia, the Italian digital subscription channel.
- Japan: NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation).
- South Korea: Korean Broadcasting System (KBS).
- Thailand: Thailand Pool TV, a consortium of well-established broadcasters in Thailand.
- USA: No television channels in the USA will broadcast the 2012 Paralympics. NBC broadcast 5,535 hours of television and online coverage of the 2012 Olympics.
They spend over 2/3rds of a year worth of Olympics and not one fucking second of it will be for the Paralympics. That's some fucking dick move right there. Even in my most cynical moment I assumed that NBC would have some coverage, if only because those little TEAM USA shorts they did on the major contenders seemed perfectly geared for the inspirational porn that would come flowing out of these contenders.
You would really think that the Paralympics would be the greatest 'Bootstraps' marathon for the American media. But I guess the catch there is if you show them, then you're required to consider disabled people as human beings. My bad
It's really disgusting and I have to say that I feel so bad for all the athletes competing for their country, you know, being kicked to the fucking curb and told that they don't matter for shit by it.