Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fuck It, Let's Blow Up The White House

Fuck It, Let's Blow Up The White House

It's only been a couple of days since the White House got a brand new 4 year lease to the Obama family and here we are about to face a year that has not one major incident, but two at the white house. I speak of course about the film industries desire to personify the right wing wacko's wild fantasy of blowing up the god damn White House.



Before I go into dopplegangers, I need to ask - What the fuck point was it to show the President's car crash and the death of the first lady(?) in that trailer? I mean, it seemed to have no baring on the rest of the trailer where the Chinese seem to take control of the White House


And while having a death from above bomber take out most of Washington is neat to look at, I have to wonder what's the point. Why not just get some predator drones to come in and level the place? In any case, I'm also wondering why even bother going to see this film when the trailer seems to show you everything impressive or enjoyable about it all in that two minute sum up.


Apparently this movie premise of taking over the White House isn't something that they felt the need to space out. Look at this other, completely unrelated film's premise is in the film WHITE HOUSE DOWN
White House Down is an upcoming American action thriller film directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The film will be released on June 28, 2013

When a paramilitary group led by Stenz (Jason Clarke) take over the White House, John Cale (Channing Tatum) a Secret Service agent, must rescue the President of the United States James Sawyer (Jamie Foxx)




I.... seriously? I mean, are you fucking kidding me? How could the market support TWO films with the same basic outline that it is almost parody of itself. Like, did they just try to see who could make it to the theaters first, or something?

I'm just glad that there's far more comic book films coming in 2013 so that I can overlook all these god awful films about blowing up the White House. I mean, it's not like they'd actually shoot down a commercial airliner before one would get anywhere near the White House. Not like they haven't done so already twelve years ago or anything...

No comments: