Sunday, March 24, 2013

What Do You Mean, 'Rape Culture'?

What Do You Mean, 'Rape Culture'? 

I'm not sure if you've been made aware of, but this actually happened and, well. I'm really saddened that the streets aren't lined with the blood of these reporters.



Now, if you're a little thick in the head and don't get why I'm outraged by this, perhaps you should remember that A GIRL WAS RAPED IN THIS CASE! I mean, you wouldn't know it watching CNN reporters weep for the poor lives and potential future lives of the two rapers. My fucking god. Why is CNN even talking about how the poor sports players lives will now be ruined.

Not to mention that one of them took fucking pictures of this rape. TOOK FUCKING PICTURES! My god. It's bloody sickening that CNN is talking about the ramifications and hardship that will come because the evil ol' Judge gave them a few years in Juvenile prison. 

AGRHRHGAHJSKADLKFDJLKKLDSALFLALKJDAJFL

I hate to admit it, but it seems reality has reached The Onion levels. To the point that The Onion is becoming irrelevant, especially if this is how our news outlets are going.



The whole story is vile and the coverage on it and reaction to this verdict makes me wish I had a hammer just so I could break some fucking kneecaps.

Still, some people are calling this the "Rape Culture's Abu Ghraib moment" which is probably accurate because there will be a lot of anger and some "soul-searching" and then nothing will change.

No comments: