Sunday, September 23, 2018

PARTS UNKNOWN

PARTS UNKNOWN 

Today I am in Denver. I came to Colorado for a beer festival. One unlike any other beer festival I have been to. Let me tell you, in my "craft beer" drinking profession, I have been to a lot of beef festivals and this was one not like any other.

But that is a story for another day. What I'm here to talk about is Bourdain. He said he didn't like Denver. In fact, it was a statement he later took back, but he was on the stance of never making an episode there based on a trip in 2002 and finding it lacking in quality food during a book signing experience. Eventually he back peddled on that a bit and put in his time in Colorado in an "American Heartland" episode of No Reservations.

Here I stand after a few days of enjoying what the city has to offer in terms of food and nightlight and I have to say, things must have changed greatly since Tony proclaimed the city was not worth the visit. And sure enough in that No Reservations episode he did two locations that looked like the city was in the swing of making a big difference in its scene.

What's the point of this blog post? Since it is a far cry from the post I have been working on for several months in remembering and talking about the man who inspired to write, eat and travel in the way I do. It's just to tell you that CNN's PARTS UNKNOWN returns tonight in the final episodes that Tony filmed before he committed suicide.

I have yet to write my piece on how that effected me and how I'm still hurt whenever I see an episode of his shows, thinking back on how much of an impact the man meant to me. But I will say this, I'm looking forward to the final pages of this story that is Bourdain's travels.

So hey, a blog that wasn't filled with much content, but with a piece to say, let's watch Anthony Bourdain travel around 8 or more places one final time. Conclude the life story of a man who was an influence to many and an inspiration to the traveling soul.  I'll share more about my time in Denver another night.

No comments: