With the season finale of breaking bad around the corner, it may be the perfect time to make some breaking bad theme treat for your potential breaking bad party. Soooo, how about some meth?
For multiple flavors and colors, divide candy mixture after cooking; flavor and color each as desired.
Stained Glass Candy
4 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup water
1 tablespoon desired flavored extract or 1 teaspoon flavoring oil
Food color, as desired
- 1. Line a 15 x 11-inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease or sprinkle evenly with a light coating of powdered sugar. Set aside.
2. In a medium pan combine sugar and corn syrup with water and cook over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
3. With a brush dipped in water, wash down any crystals that form on the sides of the pan. Boil rapidly until candy thermometer registers 300°F (150°C), hard-crack stage.
4. Immediately remove from heat and stir in flavor extract and food color.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely.
6. When hard, remove from pan. Break into pieces with kitchen mallet.
7. If working with a partner who later becomes identified, use boxcutter to slit open his/her throat, preferably in front of other works, so to instill fear.