Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle

Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle

Last night when the Dodgers were losing their game and pretty much hammering that nail into their World Series potential, over at PBS, a three part documentary that examines the history of the comic book industry started. It's called Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle. Here's a taste of what you missed the first part of.



It was pretty interesting, though I speak as a comic book nerd. So I mean, there's that. But here's a sum up of the series that you could find a DVD of on Amazon.
‘Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle’ is the first documentary to examine the dawn of the comic book genre and its powerful legacy, as well as the evolution of the characters who leapt from the pages over the last 75 years and their ongoing worldwide cultural impact. heroes-banner1.jpg

It also had interviews with people such as this old dude;




Let me just say, as a nerd I respect Stan Lee's contribution to comic books, but man has the guy seen better days. He's pretty much running on fumes. I'm pretty amazed he's still alive. But I know that his mind has long since left us and moved on. Because man, the dude has lost all the marbles that he once had.

It gets into a lot of detail about the comic book industry and the rivalry between Marvel and DC. Here's a bit about the DC vs Marvel of the 1960's



To be honest, it's not even a competition now. That shit is full on Marvel owns on all regard. Minus in one factor. Television. Marvel has not fared well in the television division. And let me just say that even though you have Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I say that Arrow, a show based on Green Arrow, beats the shit out of them in every aspect possible.

Then we have Wonder Woman herself;


I can tell you that she really shaped a lot of my desire. A strong independent woman, who despite having Steve  Trevor, doesn't need a man. She can handle herself and BAM,  if she did not look damn sexy in that costume. Yes, I think that her beautiful eyes shaped the sexual future of many o' kids. Probably also had its role in making BDSM a little more socially accepted, what with her golden lasso.

If you're able to catch this documentary and are a somewhat nerdy type, this is perfect for you. So hey, don't miss out.

No comments: