Thursday, October 4, 2018

A WHOLE BUNCH OF STUPID WORDS

A WHOLE BUNCH OF STUPID WORDS

No, I'm not talking about what my blog post is usually about. I'm speaking about the 20 or so of the new words that have been crammed into the Websters Dictionary. It's their lame attempt to stay relevant in defining shit now that the internet is here and controls everything.  Mind you, this is two dozen out of 840 new words that got crammed in. So I'm just picking some of the dumbest of the newest words that probably didn't need to be placed in there, but they're there now. So what the fuck are you going to do.

Here's some of the new words to define.

TL;DR - Holy fuck. are you goddamn serious? This isn't a word, it's a statement. And if you didn't know it, it means "Too Long, Didn't Read"  as in the statement you just made was too long to read so they didn't. I don't know why or how this gets put in to the dictionary. Especially ironic because.. well, the dictionary is full of TL;DR definitions.

BINGEABLE - I think anyone with a netflix account will know what this is all about. And I guess it needed to be put in as it was constantly getting flagged as an error.

PREDICTIVE - Eh, "Of relating to, or usable or valuable for prediction." I mean, I get it. I just don't see why this was so important to get tossed in.

BOUGIE - I mean, I kind of like this one. It is what I have said for some time even if it's a shortened version of bourgeois. Its meaning is to be more concerned for wealth, possession and respectability than anything else and that seems to be the standard now a days for society.

AIRPLANE MODE - Another statement, this isn't really something that was needed for definition. It's just a mode you put your phone in. Stop it Webster, you don't need to complicate shit.

FORCE QUIT - May have been better to define "Rage Quit", which happens a lot on social media when you piss someone off.



INSTAGRAM  - I mean, we know what it is. did we have to define it for the dictionary?

BIOHACKING  - Basically a means to fuck with your genes because we're that stupid as a society.

MARG -  What the fuck is this, you ask?  According to this stupid dictionary, it's a margarita. I have no idea when anyone ever used this term, but it's claim to originate in 1990. I call bullshit on this

FAVE - Another one that goes back to the 1930's, but it simply means Favorite, so it's just a shortened version of an already existing word. So I ask... why?


ADORBS - Another shortened shit that has no reason existing as adorable already is there.

RANDO - Come the fuck on, now Webster is just fucking with us.


GUAC - I swear, webster, you're really pissing me the fuck off with this lazy bullshit.

MISE EN PLACE - Well, here's one I know very well as a cook. It's the culinary process in which you prep and organize your ingredients before you start cooking. But this is a foreign word, so why is it here anyway?

HOPHEAD - Slang for a drug addict in the 1880's, but now it means someone who likes very hoppy beer. Thank you craft beer scene, what have you not provided for us?

HANGRY - This one is just lazy. I would be very angry with this entry if it weren't for the fact that I already ate.

MOCKTAIL - It's just a mixed cocktail drink without alcohol. I guess this word needed to be in the dictionary, but not really sure if it's that important to put it in.

LATINX - Oh, this word just pisses me off. This is one of those that just fucking annoys me. It's the genderless grouping of Latin folks, both male and female. I don't know why this has to exist and it just sounds so fucking stupid. 

GENERATION Z - The generation that was born in the 90's and early 2000's. These folks are completely fucked in every possible way and I feel bad for them not living in a world without instagram and social media pressures the likes I will never understand how anyone can survive through.  May lord have mercy on your souls and may you never want to own any property or hell, live that long the way we're fucking up the world. Sorry.

TENT CITY - I mean, did this have to be put into the dictionary? You know what it is. It's what you avoid you Bougie fuck, every time you go into the city for nightlife. Oh shit, you walked into the wrong part of town cause there's tent city.

There you have it. No wonder the english language is stupid and getting more so.

No comments: