Friday, October 12, 2018

YOU ARE EL

YOU ARE EL 

That title doesn't make sense, does it? It sort of does if you were to write it out and sound it out like you normally would with something.  Anyhow, it's a take on URL, which it seems that is in danger lately as Google wants to just get rid of the whole URL system.

Hmmm, what the hell happened to the whole montra of "do no evil" Google, it seems like you've been up to a lot of evil and annoying shit as of late. Google seems to have changed that motto to "If it aint broke, break it!" So it will be worse, whatever the outcome is.

But hell, can we not fucking do this? It seems like steps backwards all around. All I imagine is some horrid windows phone type user interface. Remember back in the day when AOL had their own special links, that people would list both as a URL and an AOL shortcut on their CDs or cereal boxes? Yeah, that shit was funny. Enter the Keywords!  Like if that shit could actually exist these days.

Thanks for the HTML tip, bro! This just seems to be another move towards an ever more boring internet with no independent websites anymore. Just you watch, they'll get rid of the URL and probably next they'll get rid of direct access to files, which is already sort of happening with "apps" instead of programs getting executed. Seems pretty clear that the URL thing being hidden because they want to cover up all the tracking shit that they pack into URL's.

You never noticed those long ass URL links to products or links where they straight up are tracking your every movement? I guess the irony here is that google honestly doesn't need to hide that shit because nobody actually cares about what is in the URL except IT nerds.

Going back to the subject of how Google really fucked up things, let's look at their email service. Why the hell is it moving emails I sent out last week but haven't been responded to yet to the top of my inbox with no intuitive way to just make it go away without deleting it? I don't want to snooze the conversation and you showing me that someone didn't reply to my email just makes me feel more like they ignored the whole email to begin with. It doesn't make me want to follow up with them. It makes me want to crawl up in to a ball and cry that I'm ignored.

If I actually wanted to send a follow up, I would have by now. Stop trying to be so helpful you piece of shit program. I'm just using you to send messages over the internet. I generally find it stupid to complain about things changing like this, because I think the new thing is totally fine, but fuck, I really think they fucked up big with the new Gmail.  It's as if Google just figured that they could make everything about the Algorithms, and take direct choice away so we can pump even more advertising down people's throats.

Why yes! This is computers and the internet! We need more opaqueness, less choices, less control, and for everything to be just as fucking ugly and unworkable as possible. It's what the users want! Fuck your subscription channel. Fuck your gmail. Fuck all your news! We'll tell you what news you like and you'll damn well like it.

On top of that, Google just straight up non-chalantly drops products whenever they damn well feel like it. It's as if the company just likes saying to the world; Eat shit!

No comments: