Tuesday, October 2, 2018

THE ELON FILES

THE ELON FILES

So a couple of weeks back, Elon Musk, in all his brilliance, tweeted that he was straight up going to try to buy back his company in public stocks. Which, sort of is a bit of a misdirection and can alter the way the stock price will go. Well, that sort of came back and bit him in the ass this past weekend when the Federal Government basically said  " Nice rocket ship business you got there... shame if you were to lose it over a tweet."

They fined him 20 million dollars and he is stepping down as chairman of the board of the company for it. I guess he just flat out couldn't claim that he did not mislead investors. I don't know how he could have won this lawsuit with the shorts legally barred from saying I did not manipulate the market, lol.

On top of that, the company will now have oversight on his tweets. Man, that's going to really piss him off when he's getting high and just wants to randomly spout some shit off.  When you think about it, the government barely ever prosecutes rich people anymore. They just get a quick settlement and avoid putting them in jail cause the prosecutors know all that corporate gigs they will get once they're out will just double over. So I guess this makes sense.

I don't know. I want to make fun of this guy some more. But it's sort of like kicking an already passed out horse. I mean. I have no idea if that saying is actually it, but you know what I'm getting at. Every day more and more we come to realize that this isn't the Thomas Edison we are hoping for or the Tony Stark of our generation. Nah, he's just.... lame. He tries to do cool things but they're already done and far more efficiently and it's just really sad. I love the Tesla brand, but man, how much more can he screw it all up?


No comments: