Thursday, January 3, 2019

BLADE RUNNER

BLADE RUNNER

So with 2019 here, I think we're all suppose to dress like Blade Runner now. I mean, that's when the movie took place, so why not, right ? I mean, I guess we are starting to run out of movies to look to on dates we'll surpass like Back to the Future and Terminator.

Hot take, I liked the theater version a shit lot more than the directors cut. Look, Ridley, you have fucked up a lot of your own movies. I don't think I can trust you all that well with the choices that you make. You have done fucked up one too many times.

On top of that, I love Harrison Ford's sort of dead pan "I don't give a fuck, just give me the script and I'll read it in the most boring voice possible" rendition of things. That's his main mode of acting and if you don't like it, then well, I don't know what the fuck to tell you about Harrison Ford other than you're not doing it right.

Also, the theater version didn't leave too much question in regards to if he was a Replicant or not. He wasn't and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Anyhow, let's take a look at how we're suppose to dress now;



I mean.. are we really that far off? Sure, we don't have the flying cars, but that fashion looks pretty close to what we have been seeing in hipster and vintage fashion coming back. That's basically 80's fashion, which is on an uptick meets cyber punk future.

I think that while we're not speaking some sort of version of Chinese, Russian and Japanese just yet, that is down the pipeline once we become a joke of a super-lame power and China and Russia take over. But for the most part, we're about there. And let's be real, it's not a terrible thing. 

 I know I have longed to get a replica Decker gun for at least 20 years now. Maybe this will be the year I get it... you know, citing the fact that I have to be hip to the current year that the movie takes place in.


No comments: