Friday, January 25, 2019

THE OL' IN & OUT

THE OL' IN & OUT 

I'm going to say something that will shock you. That will pretty much shake any SoCal resident's jimmies and cause them to be very much ruffled. But I honestly don't care about In & Out any more. Every time I have had it in the last six months, it hasn't been as good as I wanted it to be. I order it very specifically with this sort of OCD level of burger layout. I think it test them too much. But still, if you want quality, you have to ask. And every time I get it, I feel like it's just not what I wanted them to do.

On top of that, every time I have gotten it, it's basically a stink bomb for the car for the next few days even though i completely throw everything away and leave no trace of it in the car. Somehow, someway, something remains and then all of a sudden the car just smells like old hamburgers and stale fries. I just can't do it anymore regardless if it's the best food to get when you're leaving a tiki bar or some other non-tiki bar, i guess, and just need some food in your system.

Mind you, I'm not saying that other burgers like McDonalds or Burger King or even Carl's are better. God no. those are all pretty bad. I'm just saying that In & Out has lost a lot of luster for me. And that's without lines. If the drive thru has lines, which it normally always does, then I'm not even going to fucking bother even having a concept of trying to go into that cluster fuck of a mess.

I mean, I love the business concept. They pay their employees great wages that they can live off of. The quality of the stuff they serve is really good, and if they could ever put it together in the way I ordered it, then perhaps I would be a little more pleased that I'm not eating anything that is heavily processed. But I just can't trust that turn around time frame mentality at the drive thru. Also, I really don't like their fries. It's as if they just decided that they made great burgers and never wanted to improve on the actual fries.

Even when I order them fried twice, they still suck. Most fries at least last a few hours of having a window of optimal use. These fries do not even have that and they're fucked from the get go. And you need to add a lot of salt to those mother fuckers to make them even remotely close to what a fry should be.

Look, I guess I shouldn't complain about a fast food chain that has this amount of quality. I really am not. I drive by them all the time and have a mad amount of respect for the business and how it has handled growth and popularity. But I just don't want to eat there anymore unless it's needed. Like going to Vegas, Yeah, I'll still stop by the In & Out at that sort of point where everyone stops by. It may be a mess of a crowd, but you need gas and you need to use the bathroom, right. So hey, get a burger why not. But yeah, I don't want to actively go to In & Out if it's just a normal "what should we eat" sort of driving around type of question. My car's interior just can't handle that smell the next day any more.

No comments: