Wednesday, January 9, 2019

DEADWOOD

DEADWOOD

Deadwood was a show on HBO that ran about 12 years ago. It was the best HBO show because everyone was a goddamn san fransisco cocksucker or a hooplehead. Here we are after all these years and it seems like the pipe dream that any more content from the city of Deadwood will be in movie form.

I mean, it does kind of suck that it's just a movie. It was basically HBO going "oh, well, fuck off already. fine, we'll give you an hour and a half so you can finally shut the fuck up already. get out of my office!"

I has been a long time now that they promised this as well. So for many many years with false rumors that just added more insult to fucking injury. So yeah, I had been pissed with HBO for years now for canceling Deadwood. Them having shows like Game of Throne only partially made up for it.

I have also wanted to take a trip to South Dakota for the sole purpose of visiting the town of Deadwood. You know, to get my hopes and expectations all high and to get crushed by the reality that it was a bit different than the made up language that they spoke on the show.

My trip would consist of staying at the Hickok, though I have been told to not gamble there. Head down the street toward the head of town. Stop in to the Gem and the Eagle, which are classic Deadwood saloons. Also, the odd thing I keep reading about Deadwood is that while main street is paved with asphalt like any normal street in America, the side streets are all brick, and not just any brick. The brick is still the original brick from when the town first started and put in brick vs. having a dirt mud filled road. If you mess up any of the bricks in Deadwood, you get fined 50 dollars... per brick! So perhaps try driving slow on the road and not fuck up an of those precious bricks like a fucking cocksucker.



Anyhow, I'm sure some of you are wondering if Sheriff Bullock learned how to act in the last 12 years. Olyphant did have Justified to continue that streak of being a bad ass. Besides, the role of Bullock is suppose to be stiff, angry as fuck sort of dude. I loved every moment of that character on screen. Sure, not as much as I loved Ian McShane, but we all can't be Ian McShane's level of badassness.

Also, Wu's constant use of the word Cocksucker and Al Swearengen's regret about teaching him that word will never stop being funny to me. The times when both Wu and Al are on screen were just pure magic.




No comments: