Monday, June 18, 2012

My Little Pony and Partying Hard

My Little Pony and Partying Hard

This maybe the most important story you've heard all year - did you know that Andrew WK is going to give a motivational speech at the My Little Pony convention?

Ponies are going to party hard!
Party veteran and hedonist extraordinaire Andrew WK is set to make a motivational speech at a My Little Pony convention this September.

The singer – who, in the single 'Party Hard', paid tribute to the benefits of debauchery – will feature on a panel answering the question 'What Would Pinkie Pie Do?' Pinkie Pie is a party-planning pink horse who features in the My Little Pony animated show Friendship Is Magic, of course.

According to Pitchfork, a press statement says that Andrew WK is the "the real life embodiment" of the party pony. He'll give motivational tips on how to "make your job as fun as your party, and your party as important as your job".

The event, entitled Canterlot Gardens, will be held in Strongville, Ohio, September 28-30.

The singer has previously claimed that if he ever stopped partying, he might die. Asked if he thought he could die if he stopped partying, he replied: "Yes. For me, anyway, I don't know if it's true for everybody." He added:

But for me it's like how a shark can't stop swimming. It's not that I will die, but if I stop partying it will lead to extreme complications in my wellbeing. And that will lead to death within potentially two minutes.

The rocker also insisted that time not spent partying was time wasted, adding: "Most people tell you there are certain moments you should celebrate in life. For example, the weekend coming so you should party on a Friday. Or your birthday or New Year's Eve."

Despite his commitment to having non-stop fun, Andrew WK will be doing some work this year. Aside from his speaking commitments, he'll be reissuing his classic debut album 'I Get Wet' in July, and is also planning on starting sessions on the follow-up to his 2009 release '55 Cadillac'.


This is all well and good, but what the fuck does LMFAO have to say about inspector gadget? THIS IS IMPORTANT!



I sort of like the part of the song where he says "HEY YOU LET'S PARTY!" because I always get this image in my head of Andrew W.K. just walking down the street partying by himself and just grabbing random people and partying with them.

But then again, he only has one song... How the fuck is he still famous?! Even more so, I have never actually seen him partying. I think that his party tales might all be a lie after all.

Perhaps it's because I keep forgetting that Andrew WK came around as a wonderful alternative to all the aggressive and whiny and whiny aggressive rock music that was the order of the day around the turn of the century. He was a beacon of positivity and niceness in a mire of shitty white suburban kids screaming about killing their girlfriends and/or their family.

Just think of how Huey Lewis did that in his day and thus, why he's a-okay in my book.



I ain't gonna let no square beat me. If he kicks me out of the house, the party's on. If he disses me in front of my friends, the party's on. I ain't gonna let no square beat me. Period. That's it. You don't stop the party.

The only way to stop the party is to cut the head off and I mean that I'll party till I haven't got a breath left in me. I don't think any of those animals out in that street can out party me, I've been going that way for 18 years of partying and that's the way I'm going to keep on going. You simply DON'T STOP THE PARTY!

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that this is just leading to next year's convention having a panel that will have Slavoj Zizek talking about the revolutionary implications of Applejack as a farmer, and how it fits into the current postmodern dynamic with regards to metronormativity and the commodifications of identity.

No comments: