Monday, October 19, 2009

And Another Thing....

And Another Thing....

Last week sort of caught me by surprise. Mainly in the field of consumerism. You see, I zoned out and didn't realize that it was the release of Talking Head's STOP MAKING SENSE on Blu-ray, but I also forgot that today is the day that And Another Thing gets released. What am I talking about? It's the Sixth Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy book in the series of three and scary as it sounds, this one is not written by Douglas Adams.

I know, I should have been afraid on that fact alone. I mean, how many of the non-Frank Baum Oz books were actually good? Not a whole lot, that's for sure. So when I first heard this news I was a bit worried. I never read Artemis Fowl, but since it's a childrens book, maybe, just maybe the new Hitchhiker books would have that Douglas Adams, whimsical feeling to them.



I thought it would be of some interest that a huge Douglas Adams fan review this latest installment of the book. Here it goes.

I picked up the book and flipped to the first page. Upon which I saw two quotes. One was of Douglas Adams and put a smile on my face. Right below that one, on the other hand was the following:
We've travelled through space and time my friends. To rock this house again, ROCK! -Tenacious D
Then I closed the book and put it down. Fuck that shit. Fuck you. You should not have Tenacious D anywhere near a HHGTTG book. I don't care if you like Jack Black or not, you shouldn't cross these streams. While Salmon may be good and Pizza may be good, mixing the two will not be a combination that you'd want to eat. Same shit here. Fuck that.

There's a 100% chance this will be better than the last 2 or 3 hitchhiker books but with the opening quote being a Tenacious D song lyric, you could shove this book straight up your ass.

It doesn't help that I'm beyond sick and tired of the Brutal Legend ads that have been pumping all throughout the Television screens. I'm just really tired of Jack Black and Tenacious D. So yeah, not much of a review of the book. Maybe I'll pick it up again, but god damn, that first page sucked.

No comments: