Sunday, January 23, 2011

Keep The Mammoths Extinct

Keep The Mammoths Extinct

In a shocking turn of events, it seems that man is going to reverse the extinction of an animal instead of causing it.
The woolly mammoth, extinct for thousands of years, could be brought back to life in as little as four years thanks to a breakthrough in cloning technology.

source

To quote a man who I almost ran over as he jay walked over near 3rd and Farfax,
"your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
I guess the first question is not if we can but if we should. And the answer to if we should bring back the woolly mammoth, the answer is an unequivocal YES! Yes we should!

I mean, this will be good. Don't you remember all those other times man introduced a species into another ecosystem that wasn't familiar to them and how that worked out? Oh wai... Then again, the chances of them introducing it to any sort of ecosystem that isn't some lab or a very rich zoo is very slim.

What did you think? That they'll just let it roam free in the country side. Run free, Willy the Woolly! Where's the profits to be made from that? Science is a total bitch to capitalism. It does what the free market tells it to.

I guess the difference here is that unlike in Jurassic Park, where the Jeff Goldblum character attacks the titular park since nature selected dinos for extinction, mammoths were hunted to extinction by humans. So it's only fitting that we bring them back and I wish their quest for revenge to be a successful one.



It's probably the first step in cleaning up our own mess. Especially since there's not much of an ethical qualm about essentially recreating a species of animal life for the express purpose of incarcerating it for the entertainment of bourgeois tourists.

Which leads me to wonder... I bet these mofo's will be delicious. Since the rich will be the ones who fund most of these ventures into cloning, they'd have their say as to what they're going to do with them. There's no other adventurous eaters than the rich. They sneak stinky cheese into America in baby diapers for fucks sakes.....

So it looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

I mean, don't lie. The moment you read that news piece I bet the inner you was wondering how it would taste. How can you think of anything other than all the mammoth burgers that one would make. I can see it now - McMammoth.

Let's just hope that science reaches that point were it returns the world to the point before humans killing all the awesome animals. Though that won't happen. But I guess I'll take what I can get.

My last comment on this is that if I was a scientist, I'd probably not focus on the animals like this and look to recreating animals from warmer periods in the attempt to keep them alive and thriving. I believe the Jurassic period was fairly warm. We should make some clones of those animals.

No comments: