Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Death And Taxes

Death And Taxes

If there's one thing that is certain, it's taxes. Oh yeah and death. But with this nifty poster you can see that America is in it for the full amount of both the death and the taxes. Oh yes. Look at where the money goes on this chart.



Which is a stern reminder of how much is pissed away in piss poor choices. You can go to this site for the poster. http://deathandtaxesposter.com/
"Death and Taxes" is more than just numbers. It is a uniquely revealing look at our national priorities, that fluctuate yearly, according to the wishes of the President, the power of Congress, and the will of the people. Thousands of pages of raw data have been boiled down to one poster that provides the most open and accessible record of our nations' spending you will ever find. If you pay taxes, then you have paid for a small part of everything in the poster. "Death and Taxes" is an essential poster for any responsible citizen or information junkie.
Basically it's the best possible investment you can spend into finding out how terribly mismanaged your tax dollars are being spent in. I can now point to something and be all like, Look at this fucking defense spending, Goddamn! Whenever I get into a political argument during a dinner party.

I almost want to see something like this for the world economy. or maybe not. I'm sure the reality of the situation would just make me want to commit suicide to get out of this terrible world in one piece before everyone tears at each other for the last piece of bread.

You'll be surprised to know that the Chinese military budget is slightly more than the cost of Hurricane Katrina. America, as an entity representing the corporations, really is amazingly, staggeringly wealthy.

It's sad that we're spending almost 3 times as much trying to find Terrorist attempting to sneak nuclear weapons around inside the U.S. as we are regulating testing and inspecting the existing nuclear reactor infrastructure. But hey, I guess there's priorities in all of these.

This is also approved by the fuckers pissing away our money.
"I have your chart hanging in my office - I work for the Dept. of Defense, and I enjoy reminding my fellow civil servants of the trust and confidence placed in us by the taxpayer, as evidenced by the sheer magnitude of dollars they send us. For me, it's a helpful reminder of how lucky I am to work here and that I'd better accomplish something meaningful with these resources."

Kevin Marlowe,
Director, Strategic Plans and Policy USJFCOM Joint Systems Integration Command
Oh so tragic I want to laugh... as it's the only way to cope with this sort of thing.

No comments: