Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Time Has Come Today

Time Has Come Today

Not sure much words are needed for this next picture. But hey, let's get down with it..


I am the former lead singer of a 60's band. I performed before thousands at atlanta pop. Miami Pop, Newport Pop, Atlantic Pop. I did not squander my money on drugs or a fancy home. I went from 1967-1994 before I saw my first royalty check. The music giants I recorded with only paid me for 7 of my albums. I have never seen a penny in royalties from my other 10 albums I recorded. Our hit song was licensed to over 100films, tv & commercials without our permission. One major tv network used our song for a national commercial and my payment was $625 dollars. I am now 72 trying to live on $1200 a month. Sweet relif, a music charity is taking donations for me. Only 1% artist can afford to sue. I am the 99%
I'll just come out and say it.. it's Relief. It's spelled relief. But hey, an old man spelling a word wrong is a drop in the bucket in how wrong this actually is. I only point it out because you know republican shills will rip him apart for it. So might as well get out in front of the bullet.

Anyhow, are you guessing what the song is that has caused so little in reward and I'm pretty sure you have heard it a billion times. It's actually pretty inspirational.



Yup, this is pretty fucked up. I know I'm one of those who actually pirates shit on the internet, thus giving no one much of any money, but how much better is it for the companies who own the stuff stealing from the creative process?

Wouldn't that be... you know, a bit worse than say me stealing it? At the very least I'm not going to pay someone and it never gets to the people who deserve it. That's why I liked when Radiohead and NIN did the whole "pay us what you want for this" acts. It was money going directly to them and avoiding the middle man who seems to gobble up most of the money in any sales or transaction anyway for nothing more than just being the middle man in all of it.

Maybe the time will come today when proper compensation can be had to the content creators and the providers just.. you know, sit there and provide in that role that they are suppose to be doing. A small one.

No comments: