Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Capitalism is for the Chimps

Capitalism is for the Chimps

When I was young and faced with the option of what I wanted to do with my life, I knew one thing -- I wanted to be a good communist and crush capitalism. Oddly enough, it was those who went into banking and finance did a much better job at crushing it than I ever could.

In any event, I basically had the mentality that I didn't want to sell anything. I liked the creative aspect of things. But much like anything, if you're just creating -- someone else is abusing your work to squeeze as much money out of it. It's really a virus of a system if you think about it.

Which is why I wonder should we teach lower animals business skills? Can capitalism survive if we don't spread it to other species? As it seems we're already doing so...



Just makes you realize that Chimpanzees are worse than humans -- if you can actually believe that. I mean, I'm obviously rating humans and chimps on different scales, because humans are monsters and you all know that I feel this way. Chimps just manage a lot with the little they have. So on the scale of things, they're far worse.

But in any event, my one wish was that humanity would be destroyed before we can spread capitalism to other species. So oh well.

Fuck it. I'm sorry Earth, you're stuck with this shit till the monkey's all die off.

In any event, if you like good documentaries and horrifying descents into evil unscientific madness, you should probably watch Project Nim.



The fellas in charge of the experiment was hilarious and disgusting all at the same time. He was all like "Science... it's about the SCIENCE, I DIDN'T JUST WANT TO GET LAID!" all the while he hires only attractive undergrads... and then sleeps with all of them.

But seriously, I was crying by the end of it. And maybe not entirely for the emotional aspect of it, but by the fact that we inflict all these studies on animals that are nothing more than just scientist really being bored with themselves and universities having far more money than sense and allowing them to be bank rolled.

No comments: