Monday, February 28, 2011

Well, That Doesn't Seem Safe...

Well, That Doesn't Seem Safe...

I often look back to the toys of the 60's and wonder what the fuck were we thinking? Did we just not know or did the toy creators just not give a shit about what stuff they were putting in the hands of the future.

I mean, now a days we get a massive recall on a toy or glass if there's some traces of lead in it. I have a Growler jug that has a warning label under it that it contains lead in the paint and that it can be hazardous. This doesn't worry me so much as I'm not prone to licking the damn outside of the glass.

But it really makes you wonder about this toy from the past....



Now as awesome as it would be to work on an atomic lab in the luxury of my own home, I do have to wonder about the safety there. I mean, it did come with its own radioactive strands...



Though I'm sure the instruction manual really called for the up most safety and precaution to be had while using it, I'm sure...



Maybe it was just a product of the cold war. We were, after all, enticed by this whole atomic future. Even if we now consider it something so deadly that we wouldn't dare consider it for alternative energy source.

But maybe it was those eyes full of wonderment that caused us to push these stupid toys on the children of the past.



Otherwise I have no answer as to why they would put such deadly agents in the hands of our youth.



Really makes you think what will be considered hazardous in the future. Think about that the next time you're in the toy isle of your local Target or Walmart. Which toy is prominently placed on the shelf right for your kids to want that you're sure will be later discovered caused so much birth defects and other negative reactions.

Really makes you think... Hmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments: