What a very odd story to bring to you, but as a big feminist, I'm all about reporting what the other feminist are doing out in the world.
B.C. police seek serial groin-kicker after series of attacksHa! I see literally hundreds of women a day who fit that description; I don't think they could have got any more generic description. But let's be honest, those men had it coming. Like, seriously. What were they thinking walking around, in that part of the city, dressed like that. Why weren't thsoe men wearing cups? And at that time of night as well? They should have known the risk.
LANGLEY, B.C. -- Police in Langley are investigating after a woman kicked a man in the groin so hard he lost a testicle -- the latest in a series of similar assaults.
"I just want to know what her problem is," victim Anthony Clark, 22, said this week. "People like her shouldn't be on the streets."
Mr. Clark was walking in the Brookswood area of Langley in early September when he passed his assailant on the sidewalk.
"I was looking down and then I took a passing glance and saw her walk up to me," he said.
That's when the young woman inexplicably kicked him in the groin hard enough to send one of his testicles into his abdomen.
Mr. Clark said he wasn't aware of the severity of his injury until later that night when he "noticed something was missing."
He consulted his doctor and a specialist, both of whom believed his testicle could be brought down again with surgery.
It wasn't until he woke up afterwards that he discovered the doctors were wrong - the force of the assault had caused his testicle to rupture. It had to be removed and will be replaced by a prosthetic before Christmas.
"My doctors say I will still be able to have children," Mr. Clark said. "But at 22 that's not something I want a stranger, this woman, to decide."
Embarrassed by the situation, Mr. Clark didn't go to the police until nearly four weeks after the attack.
Constables have told him there have been three or four similar assaults on other men, Mr. Clark said.
Langley RCMP said they would like to speak to other victims, although there have been no official reported incidents, spokeswoman Const. Holly Marks said.
The suspect is described as a Caucasian woman, in her late teens or early 20s. She was between five-foot-five and five-foot-seven and 130 pounds with a slim build and brown hair.
But what about the equality in this, I bet if this was a dude going around kicking women in the box, when they catch up with him eventually, there would be a huge story on how women who didn't want to bone him turned him into this crazed snatch-kicking maniac. But if they catch this woman it will be a lot of "THIS IS SEXISM OF THE WORST KIND."
I know getting booted in the testicles so hard that one explodes seems funny on the surface. Hell, I've even laughed at the situation when it was on America's funniest home video all the time. But the idea of being able to just stroll up to someone and obliterate a small but important part of their body forever gives me the willies in the worse possible way.
It does make me question my feelings towards gun ownership. It's quite obviously necessary in a world where one's testicles can be destroyed in the blink of an eye. There is a strange part of me that wonders about the way to go about healing that wound. A prosthetic testicle, really? is that strictly necessary? And do you think I could buy a third ball just to be different an toss a curve ball (pun intended) to my girlfriend.
Then again, if my balls were destroyed I'd just get them replaced with trucknutz. Maybe some blue ones. That'll add some comedy to any dull dinner party conversation.
Then there's this quote that cracks me up;
"My doctors say I will still be able to have children," Mr. Clark said. "But at 22 that's not something I want a stranger, this woman, to decide."Ha. that's a pretty funny comment. That dude sure seems to be handling losing a testicle pretty well. Much better than I would be. If that women destroyed one of my nuts I'd probably be pretty upset at her. Upset enough to say she shouldn't have the power over my reproductive capacity. I know, how much more of a misogynist can I be with that mentality.
But what are you going to do about it? If kicking in the balls was banned, only crminals would kick in the balls. It's a tough world like that. How come women get anti-rape deivices but men don't get anti-ball kick devices? Looks like a classic case of reverse sexism going on up in here.
I know I'm a huge feminist and all, and since I'm already balls deep into this conversation I figure that I would ask this question that I, a huge feminist, don't even know. I don't know how feminist feel towards sluts. I mean, do they respect them for their sexual freedom or are they opposed to their slangin it around because it undercuts female power?
I'm thinking that feminist actually don't like sluts. A slut is a women who derives her power from her sexual appeal. The only "power" these women posses is that which is granted to them by men who want to fuck them. Sluts behave like women were biologically hardwired to behave; to be having sex with many men and have all their needs provided by men. That is not empowering to women because it is still the men who control everything.
I do believe that Feminist are more enlightened females (and me) who understand that if women want to be empowered they have to do it without depending on men. This is why Meghan Fox is not a positive role model for women. Her power depends on her making money based one guys coming to see her run around in little amounts of clothing. Without that male fan base, her power is null. It's like with the absence of good, you can't tell what exactly evil is.
Then again, "Slut" is right up there with "white trash" as a term that should never be legitimized by anyone who considers him- or herself remotely progressive but still gets thrown around. Both have pretty similar implications and always implicate the user as a bigot. Then again, progressives are ineffectual losers who go all aspergers about language because the only thing they're good at is talking.
But since we're talking about it, the word slut needs to be reclaimed like 'queer' or it needs to stop being used. I normally smash the Patriarchy by referring to promiscuous men as sluts as well. Then we get to the whole virginity thing. Seriously, who cares? If you care about sexual purity, you should die alone. Seriously. Practice makes perfect, guys. What the hell are people complaining about if a female has a lot of practice?
"She's such a whore! She's slept with several guys!", is just dumb and shortsighted. Sure, sex gets better, or at least it should, the more you get to know each other, but that's another thing that has nothing to do with the knowledge you go into the relationship with.
So yes, this feminist in action blog was all over the place. But if you feel I portrayed women in the wrong light, always remember the female privilege checklist;
The Female Privilege Checklist
1) Due to anti-discrimination laws, if I compete against a man for a job, all other things equal, I'll get the job because it'll look good on paper.
2) I can use sex appeal to get practically anything I want from any male at any time.
3) If somebody says something derogatory towards my partner, I will not be expected to fight that person.
4) If I hit a man and he hits me back - he'll get the jail time.
5) I can sexually harass men as much as I want, and if they complain they're gay.
6) If I ever rape a man, he won't say anything for fear of being labeled a pussy. If he does say something, he'll probably just be laughed at.
7) If I ever beat up a man, he won't say anything for fear of being labeled a pussy. If he does say something, he'll probably just be laughed at.
8) If he doesn't orgasm when we have sex, it's his fault.
9) If I don't orgasm when we have sex, it's his fault.
10) I'm in charge in the relationship regardless of what any book says.
11) If I have kids and split from the father, I'll get the kids.
12) ...and he'll have to pay me.
13) If I pursue a career I'm commended as being an empowered female.
14) Anytime I do well in business, the media will look at me as some messiah because I'm a woman. Everyone will be impressed.
15) My parents were more loving to me and harder on my brothers.
16) As a child I was taught necessary skills to survive in the world on my own, such as better communication skills and the ability to make food.
17) If I cry everyone huddles around and hugs me, telling me to feel better.
18) If I get angry or sad, I can blame it on it being "that time of the month." Everyone will understand.
19) Worst case scenario I need to lose some weight and use makeup to be attractive, unlike guys who are either attractive or they aren't.
20) If I like to spend money, it's expected.
21) If I have sex with a lot of people, I maybe labeled a slut, but that just means more people will try to have sex with me.
22) There is a wide variety of different styles and types of clothing available to me. Same goes for jewelery and perfumes.
23) I'm taught the skills necessary to make it on my own, but that it's okay to rely on others - unlike a males who generally aren't taught to even cook and that they must compete over every last little thing. If they lose, they're lesser men.
24) If a crime is commited against me, the punishment will always be worse than it would be for commiting it against a man.
25) Regardless of how much or how little I do around the house, I can nag my boyfriend/husband for not doing enough and he'll put up with it.
26) If I get pregnant, regardless of what the father wants, I can choose to abort the child or not abort the child.
27) If I make more money than my husband, people will think more of me and less of him.
28) If I look down I can expect everyone, even complete strangers, to care and tell me to cheer up or smile. The'll do little extra things to try and make me feel better.
29) If I don't want to have sex early on, people don't wonder if I'm gay.
30) I have the privilege of being fully aware of these advantages, and I use them in excess.