Sunday, May 3, 2009

Will You Still Need Me When I'm 64?

Will You Still Need Me When I'm 64?

I ran across this interesting message board with a lot of old pictures of cities from back in the 40's-50's. Something about that Beatles song popped into my head. Most of these places are close to, if not older than the 64 mark. So let's take a stroll down memory lane and look to the past of places and wonder what sort of stories and history time has planted into them.

Atlanta 1951


Back before it was a Delta hub... Ok, It'll always be a delta hub.



Ah, the signs of Coke, The Braves and the south rising once again.

Kansas city 1953


I hear they have some crazy little women and I'm gonna get me one.

St Louis 1949


The only thing I really care about St Louis is their BBQ.


New Orleans 1951


Oddly enough, visiting there in 2005, it still looks very much the same.



I wonder how much of that was under water with Katrina.

Harrisburg 1941


Back when we didn't care about pollution. Most Americans still don't.

Chicago, not sure when


Ah, that would be a nice place to eat a Hawwwt Dawwwg



Looks like a good place to call home. That is if you don't mind having a baseball team that hasn't won a world series since before this picture was taken. Whoooops!

Baltimore 1940


After watching the wire, FUCK going to Baltimore. Omar Little will get me.

Finally we get to where my heart is at..

Los Angeles 1952


It looks the same. Only back then you didn't have the massive signs advertising for PASSPORTS and other places you can get fake I.D's



As much things change, they stay the same.

Let's see how they hold up in another 64 years. Let's hope I can type then as well.

No comments: