Thursday, December 25, 2008

Night Before Christmas

Night Before Christmas

I remember the days when me and my friend first mastered the ability to use our dial-up modems to play two player Doom match ups. We spent nights playing these first person games co-op. The process was far more extensive and required a lot more effort than the simple act of jumping on Xbox live like you kids these days. Holy shit, did I just sound like an old person in comparing how things were "back in my day"?



If that's the case then I imagine that we have come a long way where staying up playing video games at the wee hours of the morning is a norm. But perhaps this is why the night before Christmas lost a good amount of meaning. I never was one to rush to bed in hopes that Santa was coming. I was always up for a game of Doom or whatever FPS was attracting my trigger fingers attention at the time.

It's another reason why I've become such an insomniac by choice. The night time offered zero interruptions to my dial up modem. Who the hell was going to call and have my game disconnected? So I thank you, video games, for destroying any concept I had and ever would have of sleep.

I suppose with that I should just give you some Holiday cheer. Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas, everyone!


And if you can't do that, then have a good ol' regular Merry Christmas

No comments: