Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Burned

Getting Burned

You may not be familiar with Jeffery Donovan. I mean, he is a cable network original star. But you may have seen him in The Changeling with Angelina Jolie where he played a corrupt early 1920's L.A. Police officer. But on USA's Burn Notice, Jefferey Donovan is a burned spy working in Miami and moving his way up in trying to figure out how to get back into the business as well as solving small time cases/problems for the locals.

Well, it looks like Jefferey was burned once more. This time Jeffery Donovan was burned while driving drunk
The star of that show "Burn Notice" may have been a little too lit up when he got behind the wheel last weekend -- dude was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence in Miami Beach.

TMZ has learned Jeffrey Donovan was arrested on suspicion of DUI last Sunday, July 12th. The 41-year-old posed for a cop cam and was released several hours later.

So far, no comment from Donovan's reps.

Which makes me feel a little better knowing that I wasn't the only one who had legal troubles over the last week and a half. I mean, I worked with this man for a very small amount of time during season 1. He's actually a really good guy in person. Very approachable and chill to hang with. Rather funny that his last twitter update was On Friday via Twitter, Jefferey said this:
All fans: BURN NOTICE reclaimed #1 show lastnight on Cable!!!! Thank you for all your support. I promise to reward you. :-)
Well, I suppose he had to get really tanked in order to get the celebration going. The one thing that it doesn't say on the report is if Sam or Fi busted him out of jail. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he was simply trying to infiltrate the drunk tank as believable as possible.



I do have to laugh a little. My time working on the show had a lot of mocking jokes that there was going to be a lot of voice overs. So people would just talk in third person when setting up the sets in the voice over that Michael Westen does. I can picture what he would say in the situation talking to the officer.
"When trying to pass a field sobriety test, all you do is what the officer says and hope that you can avoid any mistakes."

Then I get pulled down to the reality that he was really slurring his words and all he had to say was this lovely replay:
"When Donovan finally stopped, he didn't serve himself well when he said, "Sorry, I didn't see the red light or your stopped car.""
I suppose the worse part i that his future scenes of him drinking next season might be cut down or cut out depending on if the judge slaps him hard and his publicist decides to do the whole "sobriety redeemer" angle. I mean, at the very least, this isn't Lost. He would have been shit canned and really burned off the show.

No comments: