Sunday, March 27, 2011

So What's California's State Gun?

So What's California's State Gun?

I don't think they covered this in California History class back when I was a kid. I mean, doesn't every state have a gun? Well, at least Utah does.
Utah becomes first in U.S. to designate official state gun

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Utah has become the first U.S. state to name an official firearm, placing an automatic pistol on a list of designated symbols, right along with the honeybee and the cutthroat trout.

Utah Governor Gary Herbert signed the bill into law this week, designating the Browning model M1911 automatic pistol as the official state firearm.

The gun, which turns 100 years-old this year, is manufactured in Ogden, Utah.

"It does capture a portion of Utah's history," Utah State Representative Carl Wimmer, a Republican who sponsored the bill, told Reuters.

And scary enough, this whole thing is still a lot less offensive than their liquor laws and much less stupid than "Hang on Sloopy" being the official state song of Ohio. But it really does make you wonder when your state will vote for your choice of firearm sponsorship for the joint.


"It does capture a portion of Utah's history," Utah State Representative Carl Wimmer, a Republican who sponsored the bill, told Reuters. "I mean literally, it points itself at that history and then tells it what to do. There's nothing more Mormon than that."
Maybe they could have just got a hunting rifle to be the state choice for a gun. That would be a lot better than a hand gun because then you could easily say that it was made for killing other state's state birds.

Utah is so backwards I really don't want to drive through there. I mean, yeah Salt Lake City is there, but fuck the rest of it. Do I even need to get on topic of the Mormons?

I mean, can anyone describe for me what getting shit faced on 3.2 percent beer is like? I mean.. seriously? I'm fairly certain it involves twice the amount of peeing as regular beer. I guess it's just a matter of time to see what happens if someone uses Utah's official state gun to shoot a Utah official government official.

No comments: