Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Dream of the 1890's

The Dream of the 1890's

You know, it's been a couple of weeks since Portlandia ended their second season and I have to say, I miss it. Where else can I get my fill of openly mocking hipsters... or in the case of Portland, regular residents of the area?

I mean, seriously, that show was a great satire on the whole hipster scene that seems to have embrace and take over looking like if the 90's never ended. And in many cases, the 90's never did.. The 1890's that is...



Oh so true...

You know, I sort of wish it were the 1820's. Then I could be a steamboat captain. But if it was the 1920s one can be a dashing young aviator who won't see 1930 cause that shit is made of old rags and bailing wire and LOL, we ain't figured out how stalls work yet. such a romantic firey death...

At worse, I wish it were at least 1999, in a world about to get owned by a Y2K bug instead of 2012 in a world about to be epic by new-age misrepresentation of Mayan calendar.

No comments: