Tuesday, November 10, 2020

 IT'S OVER! IT'S FUCKING FINALLY OVER

 

Look, I know a lot of you are wondering why I, a comedic current affairs "writer" would have not been on here for a long time. I mean, hey, Trump must have provided a lot of material to make fun of, right?! The truth of the matter is he didn't. He was such an over the top ass fuck of a piece of shit administration that I didn't want to do any writing here.  Mainly because there was no way to top the batshit stuff that was somehow turned in to the daily reality. 

Look, how the fuck could I even come close to dreaming up the absurdity that the last four years was. Sure, every few months I would try to start this up and I got a few months in before just becoming crushingly depressed of trying to think of something far different than what the daily normal news feed was, that it just wasn't fun. 

For example, I wrote the most during the Obama years because, well, I'll be blunt, I actually voted for Hillary during that election because I'm a feminist at heart and wanted a woman to be President so badly to fucking finally break that stupid glass that has been there for so long, and when Obama's hope and change angle really felt like something I could write about, as it was a lot of lip service, as drone strikes were still happening.  Looking back at it now after four years of this cluster fuck of a piece of shit situation, I really should have enjoyed it a lot more than I did.  But hey, I did do a lot of accountability to the whole Obama administration. 

Still, I should have enjoyed all that good ol' days time. But what I'm trying to say here is that if you simply look back at the era of blog post I wrote of that time, I may have been a bit harder on Obama than I really should have. But then again, it wasn't a bad time, it was just a matter of me feeling like the "hope and change" aspect of his time wasn't as hopeful or much of a change from the previous Bush era. 

Anyhow, here we are. I mean, I don't even know what to say. I'm just so thrilled. I was literally dancing in the street on Saturday. Honking like crazy, just virtually COVID high fiving strangers because holy shit, FUCK YEAH! After four years of breathing deeply every morning, wondering what sort of cluster fuck damage report we have to look forward to due to an unstable moronic President. We can finally sleep well, knowing full well that an adult is in the room and will be taking control of the situation. Thank fucking whatever higher power you believe in.  What a goddamn relief. 

 I was so tired of worrying about the hate speech that he was spouting, the basic human rights that the people I care about will be at risk of losing next, the amount of money laundering into the private accounts of these fucking thieves.  Most of all, I am just so thrilled that I can brief with some hope for tomorrow. Sure, it showed that despite the past four years, 70 million people still decided to vote for that pile of shit. But just a few more were willing to finally get an adult in the white house and that, in itself, helps me breath a little bit more at ease. 

No comments: