Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fucking With Time

Fucking With Time

The other night on Fringe the show's monster of the week was a Time Traveling Robocop trying to prevent the death of his fiancee at the hands of a car accident. We learned a couple of things about time travel from this episode.

1. Robocop-time traveler He killed himself by traveling back to the field where he first came up with the concept of how to travel through time.

2. All those metal things sticking out of Robocop's body are just signs that he needs to get a tune up. It's been 10 years or 100,000 miles - after all.

3. God is science - thus killing any more religious debates ever in the history of the world

4. God is pissed about this revealation and we find out by the future telling clips at the end of the show that Peter finds out the truth anyway

5. Time travel can be really tedious

6. Production cost on time travel episodes are pretty cheap given they were just showing the same 20 minutes over and over again

7. This episode, for the most part, never actually happened



I know in the last discussion about time travel I pretty much pulled down my pants and took a massive dump on the whole idea of time traveling but let's just roll with the idea that time was actually a physical item that could be traveled. It brings up a good question. What would you do if you had a time machine? What would you go back and change or witness if you had the magic button to just go anywhere and do anything?

I would probably prevent myself from being born just to see how that worked out for me.... ooh wait. never mind on that one. Aborting Glen Beck would be pretty neat little side project. Of course this will be after I sabotage the Louisiana purchase.

Maybe Reagan's death? I mean.. just think of how many teabaggers I would make happier if the ol' Gipper was still.. um.. gipping? Most of all, I would take my digital camera back to the dawn of time and take pictures of people riding around on dinosaurs proving young earth creationist right once and for all.



Perhaps seducing my grandmother would be a good option. Didn't you see that futurama episode? Having a strange brain thingy would be pretty neat in the event of flying brains attacking earth.

I should improve my childhood. I know! I'll go back in time and hide in my closet in the house I grew up in and only come out at night to teach my young self important things. Sure, I would be scared at first, but I'm sure it'll work and time line-b version of me would be so much better at Halo.

I would make it so that every American commercial was somehow like this


I think a real good one would be to kidnap Aaron Burr before he took out Hamilton (and subsequently introduced the concept of the filibuster) and dump him somewhere in Alaska to cool off for a few years.

Maybe I'll also drop a note with Ben Franklin about corporations and expose him to the harsh truths of what he's about to be part of the originators of. Most of all, I'd make sure to tell him to leave GOD out of that bloody piece of paper.

I read about this up-and-coming politician dude in Germany in like the '20s or something, some dude named Adolf Hitler. Seemed to be going somewhere, but he got assassinated before he could really do anything. I think I'd go back and stop that.



I wonder what would happen if you pissed in the primordial soup? Maybe I should just find the first hominid and bash its head in with a rock. Nah, fuck it. Game 3 of the 1989 world series..

I'd just spoil the end of lost in the first episode. Of course, no one would believe me on how we got from point A to point where ever the fuck we are in that show.

But now that we're talking about shows. Us Yanks finally get the chance to see Doctor Who on BBC America tonight. Given, through the magic of time traveling, I've already seen it and the second episode. Going to watch the third one today while you lot are just watching the first one. Way to be behind the times. Or maybe I'm just ahead of it? Again - Time Travel. In either case, here's the preview for this weeks show... which is two weeks in the future episode for Americans.

No comments: