Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No Time For The Ol' In & Out, Love. Just Here To Check The Meter

No Time For The Ol' In & Out, Love. Just Here To Check The Meter

First off, I still hear people bitching about the Double Down at KFC. Let me remind you that it is the healthiest item on KFC's menu. That's right. Healthiest option there and most anywhere in the fast food world. Just cause it looks gross as fuck means little to nothing.

Then again, you could just go to In-n-Out. You know why? Cause In-n-Out fucking owns. Their burgers are so delicious and the ingredients are freshly made and shipped. Meat that's never frozen? How could you go wrong? Oh... what's that? they just got expensive?



Did you realize that they got slightly more expensive since the last time you've eaten there? Well they did.
You might have noticed it, or maybe you didn't: In-N-Out quietly raised its prices by 10 cents on April 1st. It's one of those incrementally minute things that you don't realize has happened until eventually, ten years later, you think to yourself, "Wow, a burger here used to be less than two dollars!"

With the change, their cheeseburgers have finally crossed the $2 line, which in my opinion, is still cheap.

Curious, I asked my cashier and he said that the price increase was made as a response to rising produce costs.

A dime?!?! A FREAKIN' DIME?!?! Oh great. Now I'm going to be looking through my car's change pile for a shiny little thing. Curse them! Hee.
"It's one of those incrementally minute things that you don't realize has happened until eventually, ten years later, you think to yourself, 'Wow, a burger here used to be less than two dollars!'"

To be honest, that just sounds like every old person and should be a rite of passage. "THINGS WHERE CHEAPER IN MY DAY!" sort of ranting. In all reality, this isn't much of anything.

so why did they raise the prices? Well, it seems pretty straightforward. The price increase was made as a response to rising produce costs. You want to keep that fresh lettuce, right? Besides, it's a small price to pay for what is still the best and cheapest burger options in Los Angeles.

Then again, perhaps I'm just biased. I mean, I'm more than happy to accept IN-N-OUT even though they have religious references on their cups. You keep your Jesus out of my burger and I'll keep my atheist out of your beliefs!

But even with that, I think it's perfectly good food and I love to eat. It's the healthy version of the fast food chains because of that fresh ingredients. I do like the fact that it was used to prank New Yorkers on April fools day. Some folks put signs up suggesting that In N Out was coming soon which lead to a lot of sorrow spread across those New Yorkers faces when it turned out to be a prank.

No comments: