Sunday, November 14, 2010

Being Called A Racist Isn't Very Nice

Being Called A Racist Isn't Very Nice

Take it from G.W. Being marked as a racist is a pretty mean thing to happen to you, apparently. The man who set into motion the war on Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands of people with a swift and uncaring action is saying that being called a racist by Kanye was very hurtful.
George Bush: "He called me a racist. And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true."

Matt Lauer (quoting from Bush's book): "'Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust.' You go on: 'I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low.'"

GB: "Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em, and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em."

ML: "I wonder if some people are going to read that, now that you've written it, and they might give you some heat for that. And the reason is this--"

GB [interrupting]: "Don't care."

ML: "Well, here's the reason. You're not saying that the worst moment in your presidency was watching the misery in Louisiana. You're saying it was when someone insulted you because of that."

GB: "No, and I also make it clear that the misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well. There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."
I just have to say - People reacting poorly to being called a racist? Why I never! Now I hate Kanye as much as the next person, if not more. But you have to give it to the man. Kanye may be the worse piece of shit around, but he's irritated the hell out of two presidents and disrupted a white girl while she was on stage. You have to give him a little credit for doing all that.

Though fuck him for messing with a daft punk song.

I'm pretty sure G.W. should hold out on this whole "worse thing" happening. Given that after Clinton they got rid of the whole Body Guard for life deal, I'm pretty sure his worse moment will be getting punched in the face on the streets of some bumfuck town in Texas.

What gets me more is the other shit he's claiming.
"I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich"
On what fucking grounds could he possibly dispute that claim? I mean, how could he have no lied about the whole tax cuts benefiting the rich? The only way I can think that even makes sense if he legitimately believes that it would eventually help everyone out. I mean, he's not the brightest bulb and he may actually believe in the whole trickle down effect of cutting taxes creates jobs that benefit the lower class, but still, how stupid is he?

The whole notion of breaking a few eggs to make an omelet is great if you never actually have to be an egg. Though I guess I should be glad to live in a country where people are shamed more for calling others racist than for actually being a racist or utterly destroying the livelihood of countless others.

In the end all this really does is inflate Kanye's ego even more that what he said actually had an effect on the president. The douche bag has an ego that is entirely too big as it is. It's just a matter of when Kanye overloads twitter with more paranoid retort shit.

And this does go to show that Kanye West is officially more effectual than the entirety of the American left. Way to go democratic party. You might as well have Kanye on salary to piss of the republicans and shoot down their self esteem little by little.

No comments: