Monday, January 30, 2012

I May Or May Not Get Some Tacos

I May Or May Not Get Some Tacos

In a surprise situation the other week, Mayor Maturo defended four police officers who were charged for using excessive force against immigrants as the reporter asks "What are you going to do for the Latino community today?", you know, in light of the situation and the Mayor response with...



Why yes.. I have spent 2 years in Puerto Rico, I can spout out any bullshit I want to. He actually said those things. It's literally amazing that someone could talk like that and be completely confident with everything they are saying as if it was nothing at all.

It reminds me of a person I know who tries to excuse their blatant racism against other minorities by saying that they dated the race. As if that's a legitimate excuse for anything. But heya, that whole interview is beyond hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that he won his election by a simple 34 votes.

Though, where he hits the bingo on all his comments is when he talks about the racism he experienced as an Italian. Uuhhh, whites experienced racism, didn't you ever hear of Irish need not apply? Though I guess what I'm getting at is that saying Eating tacos isn't an appropriate response to the police brutalizing immigrants and this fucker should realize that.

One can only hope that he goes to a little Mexican cantina and I just pray to Jesus Christo that they saw this and made proper preparations for him. Maybe I just hope that he's killed by an angry mob. Or even a happy mob. You know, however they're feeling is really fine with me. Just make sure it's very mob-life and I'm good with that.

Or even worse, I hope he eats at Taco Bell and feels really bad. Like, you know, how I usually feel after eating Taco Bell. Though I wish the reporter mentioned how Taco Bell isn't Latino at all. Or, you know, how tacos are associated with Hispanics and not Latinos.

This whole thing is like an episode of the Office, but a lot more horrible in every way. So I guess it's just like the office but in a different way.. Or maybe I just don't know what's up and this kid needs to own me on this matter...



Well, I can't deny that many Mexians enjoy tacos. Why sure, stereotypes are true, so says the white person. I mean, look at what else he said;
most of the mexicans that matter, the ones working and being exploited, theyre too busy to think thats offensive
I have a dream. That one day a tiny Latino boy can go down to Wendy's, hand-in-hand with a white girl, and get a taconator super double combo deluxe with extra mayo and no tomatoes....

But hey, at least they did eventually give him his tacos.. cause you know he wanted them and now he has them.. all 2,000 of them.

An immigrants' rights group in East Haven delivered thousands of tacos to Mayor Joseph Maturo's office the day after he made comments that many are calling insensitive. In response to his commentary, reform immigration for America delivered more than two thousand tacos to his office along with a message
"We just delivered 500 tacos to the mayor's office as a visual of all those across the country who are outraged by his careless remarks," the group posted on their website earlier in the afternoon.

The group encourages those who found the mayor's comments offensive to text TACO to an automated number in order to send a taco to Mayro Maturo's office this week. They say that as of this morning, they'd gotten more than 3,300 texts.

Gov. Dannel Malloy of Connecticut called the comments "racially insensitive", "repugnant" and "unacceptable. The mayor later apologized for his statements, saying that he was tired after a long day.

But, Reform Immigration for America says that's not enough. They'll continue delivering a taco for every text they receive.

"But what's happening with the tacos!?," you may be wondering. The group said earlier today that they'd arranged for them to be donated to a local food pantry -- a plan that they say the mayor is now trying to take credit for.

In a press release published today, Maturo said, "Recognizing that there are many in need in our State, we have arranged for all of the tacos to be donated to local soup kitchens and pantries."
I have to find it a bit sad though that the Mayor is trying to take credit for the tacos going to a food shelter. Either way, fuck this asshole.

No comments: