Monday, March 26, 2012

Technical College

Technically College

I'm not going to sugar coat it, I went to some really shitty community colleges out of the gate of High School. I didn't want to piss away a lot of money on a real college for two years I can get somewhere else. Of course this took more than two years because of my fucking around. But at least I got to discover myself some and realize what I wanted to do and not do in my life.

I went from an arts major to broadcasting and journalism. Yeah, I'm writing a shitty blog right now, but hey, at least the broadcasting stuff is getting the bills paid in a better fashion. The writing is just getting me free food from yelp events and the occasional re-write gig.

Anyhow, you're probably thinking that all community colleges are shit. Not so. They get you to point B at a cheaper rate. But you get that idea from those awful community college and technical school tv ads. Well, look at what Central Institute of Technology in Australia came up with to advertise their school...



And while that's not really an honest ad.. it's a far more honestly comical ad than most. This next one, now that's a funny fucking truthful ad.



Kind of makes me want to join them if I hadn't already had a shit ton of razors that will last me another decade due to CVS couponing.

Not the most thought provoking subject, but two ads that were pretty awesome and well worth noting.

No comments: