Monday, August 6, 2012

Go See Moonrise Kingdom

Go See Moonrise Kingdom

No, like, seriously...



It's a wes anderson movie about a couple of 12 year olds who fall in love and run away together and the adults that try to find them. . Its a movie that is full of white people that is nevertheless completely endearing, and makes you long for the days of your youth. Its beautifully shot, and unlike batman, has colors in its palette other than yellow and grey.

By god did Batman really suck. Like, it's amazing, the more you think about it, the worse it gets. Why the fuck did Batman still have to talk in his godawful death metal voice to people who already knew that he was Bruce? I mean, at the point that the bomb is about to explode and you've told everyone your secret -- how about just dropping the stupid gimmick and talking like the normal Bruce again?

And what was up with his legs. More to the point how did they magically not stay crippled?

Eh, like I said, go see Moonrise Kingdom. It's taken me this long to see it, but damn if it's not good.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Hey, I loved your blog and yelp reviews and had a random q for you regarding the type of work you do (I find it fascinating and have a few questions!) but dont know how to do messaging on blogger/yelp so could you send me an email? jasminerox5000 at yahoo dot com . Sorry if this is random and feel free to ignore this but I can prove I am not a bot.