Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 Closing Thoughts

9/11 Closing Thoughts

Every year I'm surprised with it already being September 11th. I mean, it feels like it always sneaks up on me. Especially that first one, after all. But then again, I have to wonder, how the fuck long until we don't have to work on 9/11? It's twelve years later and I still have to work today? That is god damn bullshit, I tell you.

Clearly Osama truly did win.

But then again, if we do finally make it a national holiday, what will the theme be? I mean, it's September and that means the weather is perfect, but we just had labor day, so Barbecuing seems a bit too repetitive. But it does seem that if you want no one to forget about the events of this tragic day, then you're going to have to teach them about it. We have kids that are leaving their teenage years who have no fucking memory of what exactly happened on September 11th because they were too young to remember it.

Hell, I dated people who were far too young to have a memory about what happened on this day. Perhaps we could just do like The Sarah Conner Chronicles and teach them the good ol' fashion way.


Come on gang bangers in that show, that's not funny. My grandpa died on 9/11. He fell out of a guard towe-  wait, hold on. that's the wrong tragedy joke. My bad. Clearly this isn't something that we could mock as it's completely seriou....


Well shit. Okay, I know my post about this tragic day are offensive, but what should really be taken offense about 9/11 is the fact that this led to an illegal war that has ripped the loins from our economy and killed countless innocent civilians. Which should be reason enough to never celebrate this day even in jest. Besides, it's arguable whether the victims in the towers were in fact patriots, I'm sure some of them actively hated America. We just found out a few years ago how corrupt and evil financial folks can really be, after all. 

 But it's pretty common knowledge that the one thing that happened on 9/11 is that the terrorist won. Don't believe me

I digress. Let's take a moment to just... well, look at the lighter side of things again.


Besides, why be so glum on 9/11 when there's free muffins to be had!


I want to recite the pledge of allegiance in front of those mini muffins.

Now that's not really offensive. Someone wanted to give you free shit on 9/11, right. The real tragedy is that it only last a half hour. Never forget your check out time! And it can't be 9/11 if I don't post this insanely offensive video somewhere, right?


At least it's not as offensive as this AMV



As for my all time favorite... and most tragic.


You see, his love died on 9/11. How sad.

Or you could kill a bit of two hours on this little documentary if you have your tin foil hat on.



I mean, it's not like Vince Gilligan didn't see it coming with his Lone Gunmen. Which, if you don't remember that show, I don't blame you considering it lasted all of less than a season, but I did find it funny that it all went down on the first episode of The Lone Gunmen literally a few months before the events occurred.
The pilot episode depicted a plane being flown into the New York World Trade Center; it originally aired six months before 9/11. Foreshadowing a number of conspiracy theories which would arise in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the plot of the March 4, 2001 episode depicts a secret faction within the US government plotting to hijack a Boeing 727 and fly it into the World Trade Center by remote control. The stated motive was to increase the military defense budget by blaming the attack on foreign interests. In the episode, the plot is foiled by the protagonists, who board the doomed plane and deactivate the malicious autopilot system just seconds before the plane would have reached the World Trade Center.[3]

I'm not one to put on a tin foil hat, but that shit seems to be pretty damn interesting of an incident.. coincidence.

No comments: