Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who You Gonna BluRay?

Who You Gonna BluRay?

I generally give you guys a heads up well in advance for events. But considering it's E3 time, a lot of last minute shit pops up. Then again, this Ghost Busters Event Tonight was made aware to me last week. Why the last minute blog about it? Hey, I needed a blog to fill up the June 3rd slot.

In any event, what is this event?

ANGORIA ENTERTAINMENT, SONY PICTURES, SCREENING SERVICES GROUP, and ATARI are calling YOU to a GHOSTBUSTERS 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Premiere!

Fans will be among the first (and possibly only) to experience the high-def version of this timeless classic on the big screen at this EXCLUSIVE (and FREE) GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-ray Premiere. We'll be screening the high-def movie in its entirety, along with all of the Blu-ray bonus features - all in the company of SURPRISE CELEBRITY GUESTS!

While waiting in line, a SONY video crew will be available for fans to record their “job applications” for www.GhostbustersIsHiring.com and FANGORIA readers will be able to be among the first to play Atari’s GHOSTBUSTERS: THE VIDEO GAME!

WHEN: Wednesday, June 3 @ Midnight (line up starts at 9PM)
WHERE: Ticket PICK UP at 8760 Wilshire (Press check in and line start at 9 PM) – Corner of Wilshire and Willaman
COST: FREE!

FANGORIA's MIDNITE MADNESS SCREENING AT THE FINE ARTS THEATRE
8556 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, 90211
Phone: (310) 360-0455
One block west of La Cienega

Sounds pretty nifty, don't it? Not only do you get to see the movie but you get to see it in some high definition goodness.

But it's not like I'm going to be around to enjoy this anyway. I'm on the road today. Going to start a road venture up north. Sort of Into the Wild meets beer and work and all that jazz.

You would think that a road venture would be nothing but the open road under your tires and some feel good fun. Not so. It's a lot of planning involved and a lot of worrying on if you brought everything. When I'll be back? In about a week and some change. Maybe I'll be a changed man. Maybe I'll just be back to L.A. jaded with seeing the road.

Oh, don't worry about the blogs. I've pretty much been in a brain flood of ideas on subject matters and I wrote a ton of blogs. In fact, too many. I now have a blog for the rest of the next two months for one a day. It may be too much, but hey, why not.

Add in to that, I do have my laptop so I'm going to toss up something new every once in a while when I'm not drunk or otherwise busy. Good times.

So those of you going to this event, enjoy. I'm sure I'll be enjoying myself as well.

No comments: