Monday, January 26, 2009

Wishing You A Happy New Year

Wishing You A Happy New Year

So it's January 26 and I just was told Happy New Year. I'm wondering if there's a statue of limitations on when you can say that. It's almost been a month since we kissed the old year goodbye and welcomed 2009.

Sure, I haven't seen this person since the old year. Even made the stupid joke of "Haven't seen you in a year, buddy!" That one never gets old. But it brings into question how long should it be till you can't say Happy New Year to someone?



That's the tricky question. One would think that four weeks into the new year you're already long past the hangover from New Years party. You no longer write 2008 on your checks by accident and you've accepted that we are in the future... or the present. Depends on how you look at it.

The tricky aspect is that if you're Chinese, New Years hasn't even come yet. Being near Monterey Park, I think I have a little bit of that in me. So I can get away with saying Happy New Year up till the middle of February. But do I want to? All the Chinese new year brings is a new animal representation. It's not even numbered dates!



Well, I guess after surviving the weekends altercation I should be thankful to be able to hear someone tell me Happy New Year. But then again I'm a bitter, bitter, sad little man.

No comments: