Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pardon My French

Pardon My French

Well, some dip shit Senate prick wants to ban cursing.
State Senator Robert Ford is hoping to outlaw lewd language and is pushing for a bill that would prohibit profanity.

Under the pre-filed bill, profanity could land you in jail for up to 5 years and/or cost you up to $5,000 in fines.

Which words are exactly considered profane is still unclear, but the bill does have a list of qualifications for profanity including words or actions that are lewd, vulgar or indecent in nature.

We spoke to Debra Gammons with the Charleston School of Law about freedom of speech.

She reminds that the First Amendment is not absolute. You cannot say whatever you want whenever you want to.

Courts will usually look at where the words were said and who heard them. Children are usually protected.
Dear senator Ford
Kindly direct your attention to a pile of my shit and eat the peanuts from it.
Yours truly-
Javi

All I have to say about this is FUCK THAT DUDE. Oh, I'm sorry. You can sack my dock, Mr. Senator. GOD DARN THIS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!!!! I wanna send him emails full of "fuck" x 1000 since that will pretty much never be illegal



I don't want to do 5 years for saying fuck in front of children when I bash my hand with a hammer. Given this Senators track record, I'm sure "nigger" wont be on the list of unmentionable words. Guess it's time to make up some new swear words. I think it's about time!
Then again, last session a bill got filed in MA that made spanking illegal and EVERYBODY got all up in arms about it, despite the fact that in MA any citizen can file a bill and the bill never went anywhere. So this is all a matter of puffs of smoke with nothing to back it up.



Oh hey, what did this guy say about Obama?
"It's a slim possibility for him to get the nomination, but then everybody else is doomed. Every Democrat running on that ticket next year would lose — because he's black and he's top of the ticket. We'd lose the House and the Senate and the governors and everything."

"I'm a gambling man. I love Obama," Ford said. "But I'm not going to kill myself."
-Robert Ford
The kicker is he's black as well. That's a real shot to your own community. I was kind of expecting the Charleston law professor who was asked about free speech to, uh, defend free speech. Then again, I know that the South hates swear words that aren't said in a southern accent

The south... Where you can proudly say : "My child can't be taught those mean words! Now, remember son, gays and Muslims are evil and shouldn't be treated as humans, OK?"

No comments: