Tuesday, April 2, 2019

I'M PREGNANT!!

I'M PREGNANT! 

Oh wait, yesterday was the day to do that stupid comment on social media and other spots to family members and what not. Which can we talk about that for a second? I never understood why it would be of my concern or even care if you told me that you were pregnant on April fool's day. It's along with other comments like "I LOST MY JOB! OH NO!" and faking injuries. You clearly think too highly of yourself in this situation and assume that I care.

The thing is this - no one cares about April fool's day jokes because they are low hanging fruit and often are worse than puns, which I have been told is my taste and all that, but isn't as highly viewed as other senses of humor.

Anyhow, back to talking shit about folks who self depreciate or make themselves the mark on this past April fool's day. I say that you're really not doing it right. Even using yourself as an example of getting something that isn't offered up. I saw a slew of  "I got myself _____ tickets" or some nonsense that in today's modern era of internet can be figured out is a flat out lie or just not the case, then your quick ruse is just... well, a little sad.

Anyhow, by mid day of the fowl day of Fools I was already not feeling any sort of prank as clever or even witty. I just have to say if you're going to partake, at least take some pride in actually doing something that everyone can find comical. You know how in stand up when the comedian picks on that one guy to make everyone else laugh? Well, yeah, you need to do that. You need to find your mark and honestly, if you make everyone else the mark than it's not really all that entertaining for the rest of us to actually enjoy. It's almost as if you're just trying to amuse yourself and no one likes a stingy person like that. 

On a side note, maybe I have trust issues because every year my inbox has a slew of promotional April birthday free meal offers and discounts from the many many online sites I have stupidly given my email to. And it happens to land on April 1st as the beginning of that wave of freebies which makes me question if it's a joke or an actual thing I just got for reals.

I forgot to include the "we're getting married" comments on social media. look, NO ONE CARES. stop acting like they do.

No comments: