Thursday, April 4, 2019

ROBO CALLS

ROBO CALLS

At this point in our society the worst thing you can do with a cell phone is actually make a phone call with it. You see people constantly on speaker phone talking to someone on the other side of that line, who you can tell everything that is being said because they just feel like they could just shout at one another and get everyone involved in this conversation that shouldn't even be happening. And why? Because holding up a phone to your ear now may as well just press so many more buttons that you'll lose said call.

On top of that, I don't know when the last time I answered a call I got from a number I didn't recognize. Everything goes straight to voice mail if I don't know you or have your name in my contacts already. Why? Because of fucking robocalls.

In the coming year, over 40% off all the network traffic of calls will be robo calls trying to sell you something or in most cases I have dealt with, trying to scam you in some way shape or form. So that has lead to this conclusion that we should just text one another. Straight up the future of communication is just using one sentence statements every couple of hours and injecting emoji's and funny gifs.

Because again, what sort of monster actually calls one another to communicate and exchange words in real time. I'm pretty sure that it's the main reason why social interactions in person are getting harder for all of those that I have dealt with lately. It's all about making a statement, getting some sort of reaction, if that at all, and then just sort of awkward silence it for a bit.

I mean, let's be real, the FCC will not do shit about this robocall situation because there's money to be made and the top 10 percent of calls being made are lame ass attempts to collect on debt by major companies - who have a lot of pull and if they feel like attempting to squeeze blood from a stone in this manner gets them some sort of results, I guess they'll just try to continue to do so.

No comments: