Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Real America Votes

The Real America Votes



On this election day I'm reminded of what Sarah Palin said
"I believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hardworking, very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."
I hope that all of you in the fake America like Los Angeles, New York and any "Big City" that doesn't have a main street with a hardware store and a coffee shop show just how anti-American we are by voting for change.



America is not a Chevy truck commercial. This isn't any ones country. This is "Are" Country and I can't sit by and think that Sarah Palin would be, as cliched as it sounds, be a (lack of) heart beat away from becoming our nations first first lady in a way never heard before.


pro-America, not to be mistaken for pro-wrestling

Last I recall, our nation was founded by immigrants and the trimming of other societies that came here for freedom to live free lives. The last time I was in a small town I got a lot of looks because I wasn't blonde or white. I guess the best thing about this whole situation is that the most electoral votes come from these non pro-America places. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Palin.

So far election turn out is on the high. People having to wait 3 hours to vote. Maybe I'm just in a place that's filled with apathetic turn outs, but there wasn't any wait for me to get an I VOTED stick. Hmmm, where should I go and load up on the free stuff?


So after casting your vote you have nothing to do other than complain some about the results. The choice now is how to watch the info come in? CNN is going to take us into the future because Wolf Blitzer will be talking to a Hologram

As election night officially kicks off in just a few hours, the network’s Wolf Blitzer will be conducting interviews with faraway strategists not via the traditional two-pane window, but by hologram. Believe it or not, professionals in Chicago and Phoenix will be beamed live to CNN’s New York studios in order to give viewers a look at Wolf and a ghostly counterpart.
Did CNN not see the Lawnmower man? Were they asleep during Tron? The shit just got real. You don't want to mess around with virtual reality. It's like WOW, only filled with less apathetic and lethargic people. Without substance, who knows what they will do? I hear there was voter intimidation at some local insane asylums from ghost in transparent sheets.

The main issue I have with this is that while I'm a gadget type of guy, I couldn't care less about 3D hologram graphs. I couldn't care less about Hologram interviews. I'm perfectly fine with just seeing one right wing conservative yap on to a left wing liberal about the current swing in the poll outcome. If you're talking about small town America being the ones that are pro-America, why are you trying to scare them with this new technology? To them it's like showing a lighter to a caveman.


The Situation Room

You shouldn't try to sell your coverage by the neat toys you got. Just give me the lay down and tell it to me straight, what states went to whom and who is winning. Stop trying to make it some web 2.0 sort of information. The fact that you're on my tv screen and you're giving me the general info on the election I'll watch. I'll tell you what I wont watch. Coverage that constantly freezes up because the equipment is so cutting edge and we all know how well new program software runs. There really is no need for a green screen. Seriously. Just give me the results.


Save the green screen for Hollywood

With the polls closing across the country, it's only a matter of time before we see what the next four years holds for our nation. If you haven't gone out and voted yet, by all means do so.

No comments: