Sunday, March 3, 2019

CAFFEINE ADDICTION

CAFFEINE ADDICTION 

I'm sure I talked about it in the past, but there's something to revisiting a story over and over again until it's warped to a point of being completely different. Look at hoe Ronald Reagan would constantly tell interviewers about how he missed going to the newsstand to buy a fucking magazine.

Anyhow, I used to drink a lot of caffeine. To the point that I was going through at least one or two 2-liters of Pepsi a day. I favored Pepsi because I was a horrible monster and well, who the fuck gives a shit about the war between Pepsi and Coke, it's two consumer products so filled with sugar that you probably should be dead both inside and out if you consume them to a large enough degree. 

Side note, even though i say they're both the same shit, if I'm in a diner and I ask for Coke and they say "we only have Pepsi, is that okay?" I will say FUCK YOU, IT'S NOT THE SAME, I'D RATHER HAVE WATER!" for some reason, but I doubt that it's because the soda is any different, but the moment you take my choice away, then well, I just don't give a fuck anymore.

But back to the whole thing. Caffeine is a bit of a drug, well, it's completely a drug. On the same level of cocaine and heroin. In fact, studies have shown that the effect and addiction that it has on you is about the same. So yeah, if you consume caffeine daily. If you're a coffee drinker, there's a reason you'll get  a headache when you DON'T get that daily fix. And well, that should be a good sign that this love hate relationship you have with it is probably completely hate hate on their part. You consume it, you get addicted to it. But hey, at least it gets you awake in the morning and gives you the boost that you need to function as a human being without killing someone.

Was this post about some sort of hard hitting evidence? Of course not. I mean, this isn't news to you. You know this shit and yet you still toss back that caffeine into your system on the daily because you already knew these risk and you calculated that it's far better to be a functioning person than go without addictive Caffeine.

Well there you go. That was an article. Now someone give me a fucking cup of coffee.

No comments: