Monday, September 10, 2018

PULLING OUT OF IN & OUT

PULLING OUT OF IN & OUT

As of late there has a little backlash towards the Southern Californian.... well, the South and South West chain In & Out Burgers because of what the Orange County based company uses its money on politically.
The Irvine-based company gave $25,000 to the California Republican Party this week, according to a state filing noted on Twitter by journalist Gabe Schneider. And that's not the first time. In-N-Out also dished up $30,000 to the party in both 2017 and 2016, according to Los Angeles Magazine.
"Et tu In-N-Out?" California Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman said on Twitter. "Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party. It’s time to #BoycottInNOut – let Trump and his cronies support these creeps... perhaps animal style!"

I mean, I dunno, a company that has bible verses on their food product goods just doesn't seem like the one that I would be all too surprised that they lean republican in how they spend their money. Not to mention that it really doesn't matter. They do pay their employees a really nice living wage while also providing me the freshest and tastiest of food products in terms of burgers.

Though I have to be honest, I haven't had an In & Out burger in a while because the last few times I have ordered it a specific way and it has not come out to the quality I remember. Again, personal preference and it always comes down to how they expedite their orders. I am also a very picky person when it comes to how I order my hamburger if you present the option that it can be custom made to the very specific of standards.

All I'm saying is boycotting a company because of who they support is a bit silly. Especially when that company is doing actual good in cranking out products that are of quality and paying a living wage to their employees. More so than any other company. It especially looks silly now that Nike got a lot of shit for having the snowflakes go all nuclear because they put Collin  Kaepernick on an ad and the whole fucking "patriotic" left who felt offended a football player didn't stand for the singing of a song to a flag.

In which case, I guess that's a good thing for In & Out, as it took the heat off them on the national spotlight. But this whole topic is foolish. I honestly don't care if a company supports evil practices. I don't think my dollars spent there or not spent there will do anything to change their mind in terms on who they choose to represent them or the policies they decide to back.

I think that's the biggest take away. Your opinion matters and you should totally put your money where your mouth is, but stop announcing it. That's just acting needy and for attention. I don't give Walmart my money and I don't rant about it. I just let them do what they're doing because there's people that will support them and my money not spent there will not force them to change their employee anti-union stance or anything like that.

Besides, In & Out burgers are fucking delicious and you should just enjoy them anyway without something hanging over your head. 

No comments: