Monday, October 8, 2018

YELP'S COMPLAINT LINE

YELP'S COMPLAINT LINE

So I used to write a lot of yelp reviews. Mainly because I was bored and I liked food. But since the company is a worthless piece of shit that seems to muscle in their reviews and get paid off to take off negative reviews constantly.

Well, after about 2k reviews, and about a couple of dozen getting removed over the course of the years, I got the notice that yet another one of my fine free reviews to their site was stripped because, as the letter put it.

We typically remove reviews that address culturally sensitive subjects in ways that reinforce negative stereotypes or make light of physical or sexual violence.

In this case, we felt that your content of Angel's Cabaret crossed that line, even if you didn't intend it to. The text of your review is copied for reference below, and we hope you'll continue to share your experiences on Yelp while keeping the Content Guidelines in mind.


So what was the offending content to all of this?  Here's the removed Content:
This place is clearly the official bar of the Anaheim Angels, right? No?! Then why is it that I see the hot dog vendor from the game chilling and getting a lap dance? I swear, we saw the dude at the stadium just hours before serving up wieners. it's only fitting that on his off time he's still serving them up.

This is a bikini bar that has an actually impressive selection of beer. Though who the fuck can think of enjoying some Arrogant Bastard when you can get some cheap ass pitchers of beer to go with the atmosphere of pool tables and whatever the hell is going on with the pole on stage.

The trouble comes in when you're pretty much feeling like the ladies are hard up to make the quota of shots/dances/etc. sold. They will constantly bug you to buy their shit and help a girl up.

Every time I've come here with Cheaptimes, we've always had the snaggletooth looking waitress try to unload her pussy shots on us. And like clockwork, Cheaptimes always rejects her.

It's actually pretty damn funny and if I go and that doesn't happen, I'll probably feel like I've gone to Disney and not seen Mickey Mouse.

So yeah, it's the type of place you want to get a cheap beer and potentially get harassed by waitresses who need to sell a certain quota of drinks otherwise they'd get even poorer treatment at work. Go figure.
Why thank you, Yelp Support Team of San Francisco, Ca. You are guarding the internet from crazy reviews that may be offensive about a bikini bar in the shady part of Anaheim.  You sir, are the first line of defense.

I feel like I should defend myself a little. First off, I'm not sure what exactly was the offending material. I was writing about a bikini bar. A place that the waitresses walk around in their..... well, skimpiest of outfits without legally becoming a nude bar. Because as you well know, you can't have alcohol in a place where the tits are flopped out.

Could it have been the comment about the Angels stadium hot dog vendor there? Because funny story. My friend, Cheaptimes. Yes, that is what we call him on account of him always wanting a cheap time and having a paid for truck, decided to invite me to an Angels game before we made our way to this fine established drinking spot. And sure enough when we got there after the game had ended, the vendor who sold us Hot Dogs no more than 20 minutes prior at the game, was there getting a lap dance. It was a bit of a small world.

Could it be because of the "Pussy shot"? I mean, that was literally the name of the shots that they put on the waitresses to walk around and try to sell to customers. They were around $10 a shot and probably were the nastiest thing you could put in your mouth in the place. My friend constantly brushed them away.

Oh, I know, snaggletooth? I get it. Look, this is the #METOO era and all, but let's call a spade a spade. In this case, someone with the worse overbite possible and it's the truth. If I can't tell the truth in an online review about a shitty bikini bar, then what rights do I have left as an American?

But hey, I still am not sure what the offense material is in this as they didn't really point it out and since they just cut and pasted my entire review, I don't know if it's going to teach me any lessons on if I ever want to write another review for the free website of Yelp.

Soooooooo great job. 


No comments: