Tuesday, December 4, 2018

COSTCO - THE FIRST 10 FEET

COSTCO - THE FIRST 10 FEET

So whenever I go into Costco there's some folks trying to sell you on shit that you don't need. I get pretty irritated with the DirecTV guy asking every goddamn time I go in to shop "Hey, you want to heat what we got going on today?" No. You're trying to sling cable that's what you got going on. Be upfront about it. Someone runs into them the first time and they'll think they're going to talk about something Costco has going on. Nope! It's just a goddamn cold approach trying to sale cable. They just need to say something like "Can we talk to you about what DirecTV is offering?" and I'll be a lot better about it.


And I'm sure you'll tell me that they're wearing a DirecTV shirt and standing near a kiosk, but often they aren't and often they're hanging out near the other stack of things and it's just strange and I wonder that for a place I pay membership cost and have to deal with folks looking at my sales receipt every fucking time I leave the store, why do I have to put up with the bullshit of getting ads thrown in my face? Like, I pay for Netflix to not get ads. I pay for other shit to not get ads. Is my membership not good enough now?

These are the things I think about. Yeah, I probably have way too much time on my hands. But also in the first 10 feet of Costco is where you see all the newest and most seasonal shit that you probably need or really, don't need but want because hey, it sounds like it could be useful in the given situation of the current season you are in. I appreciate that. Also that giant bear area was fun for a few months before you got the crack down on folks just leaving them everywhere. Also, who the fuck buys a giant bear? That just seemed odd to me.  I appreciated the worthless sense of consumerism in it, but then again I wondered more to myself... Why?!

I mean, it has been a while since I did a costco post, you realize. So I guess it was only fitting to do one before the Holiday hits and the place is a fucking madhouse even more so than usual. I do hope the seafood road show is back this year. I do ever so love buying fresh seafood.

No comments: