Wednesday, January 2, 2019

NEW YEAR, NEW ME

NEW YEAR, NEW ME

You know, I'm pretty sure that you folks would see the cynical side I have posted in my history and expect me to rail hard on those who once the first of the year comes start spouting off the whole New Year, New Me sort of mentality.

Honestly, I come to expect that of myself. I say it sarcastically constantly in my post. But I'm going to turn a hard left right now.

Good for you.

Realizing that last year's you was not something that you liked or something you want to be associated with anymore.. That's step one in changing yourself. And while it's often very common to assume that people can't change, you certainly can't change with that mentality. So to you I say best of luck.

One of the biggest complaints I hear folks make is that the gyms start getting packed. I know on my usual hiking trail in Griffith Park, the uptick in people that take it after the first is huge. You know, is that really a bad thing? I know I'm all for folks getting healthier, even if it's at the cost of my comfort level in how many folks are around me.

Aside from that, last year sucked. It sucked bad. If there's anything you can do to NOT be like the you that suffered through last year, by all means I encourage you to be the best you that you can possibly be. Yeah, the concept of failure in new years resolutions is a huge number and you'll always get the concept drop out rate because to some degree, folks don't really change at their core. but you never know unless you try and that's what I'm encouraging you to do right now. See if a different sort of life is for you. If it's not, then go back to being you and accepting that you are who you are. But there's no reason why you shouldn't at least give a shot at trying to do some self improvement or rediscovery of who and what you are at the core.

So you, person who is trying to be a new year new you sort of person. Best of luck.

No comments: