Tuesday, January 1, 2019

TAYLOR SWIFT AND SOME DOM

TAYLOR SWIFT AND SOME DOM PERIGNON 

A couple of years back I did something that the haters gonna hate hate hate hate on, and well, I loved every minute of it. See, I have a very big guilty pleasure for Taylor Swift's musical styling. Don't ask me why, I sometimes dig really cheesy pop music and T-swizzle was no exception.

At the time, my girlfriend's father was a musician working with Ryan Adams and he did a full album cover of 1989. As a thank you, Taylor Swift sent all the folks in the band a thank you gift of a bottle of Dom Perignon. The super fancy ass one. Being that he chooses a life of not imbibing, the bottle ended up making its way to a family vacation in the central coast. While there, I figured the best thing to do with this champagne was to make some sick mimosas with it.

Now I'm not a heathen. Not in the slightest. I went out to the town's local farmer's market on this weekend retreat and I bought some fine locally sourced orange juice. I am, after all,a professional at drinking only the finest of the finest of libations.  

I went ahead and did it. Made mother fucking mimosa out of this highly expensive and brand secured Dom Perignon. The results? It tasted fan-fucking-tastic.  Much like any proud achievement in this day and age, I posted my concoction on the good ol' internet. Because why not.  That's when I got the haters out there just not pleased with what I did with such classy ass shit. And I mean, let's be honest, I do some stupid shit with alcohol some time. But man, this was so rewarding. So much so that I still have the box that the Dom came in. I'm that proud of that moment.

So it was only fitting that I rang in my new year rocking out to T-swizzle's Netflix concert. Look, hate all you want, I just want to shake... shake... shake. shake it off. Shake it off.  Yes, shake off that 2018 stank.

As to why I have this strange enjoyment of Taylor Swift music? I can't honestly answer that. It's like a drug, and I will gladly just enjoy it for as much as I can. Happy New Year. 


No comments: