Monday, February 25, 2019

MY DRINKING PROBLEM

MY DRINKING PROBLEM

I'm going to be real cheeky here. I don't have the typical drinking problem. I can handle my consumption of the distilled spirits variety. I don't over indulge even though statistically, those who work in brewing have a higher average of becoming alcoholics without realizing.

No, you see, my problem is that I just drink stuff way too fast. I'm not even talking about alcohol. Like, if there's a glass of water in front of me I'd probably finish it in a chug or two. Which can be a problem when the wait staff isn't as attentive to refill the glass. My consumption of any beverage just seems to be at a faster pace than  normal humans. You see, I'm parched and the only cure is to just drink as much as possible.

I mean, it's not a bad problem. I don't feel like I need to go to the bathroom any more than other people do. I'm sure I'm not consuming enough to wash away proper nutrients in my system. I mean, let's be real, I need to clean my insides just as much as the next guy, I'm just a bit more bulk rate at my take on it. You can say that I'm just a bit more thirsty than most.

Ice... ice is just a waste unless it's really hot out. It's taking up far too much room in a glass and it's only water that hasn't had time to become what I want it to be. Water. And it does me no good to have a liquid be a solid when I only have a specific amount of space in  my throat to have it go down in. I just hope that the ice melts fast enough that I can enjoy it as it in a form it once was in.

Back to my problem. When the wait staff doesn't come around to refill your water, what the hell do you do. Just sit there and look sad at the fact that the ice cubes aren't water and wonder how long will it be until you can put some liquid back in your mouth. It's tragic, really.

So yeah, I'm here to confess that I have a huge drinking problem.  Acceptance is the first step.


No comments: