Tuesday, February 26, 2019

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE 

I guess I just wanted to write this down for the sake that at this point and time, I just want to hear myself out loud express what I want for the future. It's also what I have wanted for the future for a while now.

I imagined that when I retired, which I guess I sort of am right now, that I would get a home in the Santa Ynez valley, or even further. Over the years the concept of moving to either Portland or Seattle has come up time and again and, well, since I have income generating and the ability to "time share" in said income generators, I could really be away from Los Angeles for weeks, months, etc. with the jump back of staying in my AirBNB when I do need to or find myself wanting to get that breath of fresh Los Angeles air.

Yes, I realize the irony of that statement, it doesn't make it any less true.

While up in a place where one can actually afford a home and some land around said home, I would just spend time writing more. I mean, I never really want to stop writing. I like doing it and after over 3,000 entries here and about 2,000 yelp reviews, I think I have a solid two dozen good pieces of work combined.

But I would also dedicate myself more for helping those in needs. A sort of animal rescue would be amazing. Adoption and just quality of life care would be very important to me. I mean, I am doing that stuff right now with the stray cats I feed. I carry cans of both cat food as well as dog food in my car in the event that I come by a stray that looks hungry or needs help. I mean, if I can offer it some help, why the fuck would I not?

It's what you do when the universe hands you something and how you respond to it that matters. And if offering help to another being, be it human or animal or just whatever doesn't instill a sense of wanting to be kind and do the decent thing, than I don't know what to tell you. It reflects more on who you are as a person. While it pains me to take on a the "feels" of it, I want to help out. Because that's what we should do for one another. It's holding myself to the mark and never forgetting who I am or what I am about.

Also, I do love the great outdoors. I love the open fields. While I was born and raised in Los Angeles, namely East L.A., I am one who loves to recharge by getting into nature. So yeah, I would like to have a place that has a wide open space and the closest you can really do that for something desired for my taste is if you started heading towards the Santa Ynez area and that gets pricey as all hell. Beautiful views though.

So there's some random mind spewing. Not really an article, but it is what I'm thinking.



No comments: